babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Audio system anomalies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone noticed the change in EQ and presence that happens randomly? At first I thought the system was adjusting for exterior noise or gear ratio or something, but it appears to be random. The sound goes into a different surround sound program, EQ and stereo placement in the cockpit for a moment or two. I can't guarantee it happening if I take it into the dealer, and.....of course.....no one really cares about sound when they're driving this beautiful automobile, do they?
Hi Elizabeth, not noticed anything like this, what are you playing? music or dvd, and from which source, cd, internal hdddisk, usb, ipod connection?
(19-01-2012 08:24am)ElizabethMyers Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone noticed the change in EQ and presence that happens randomly? At first I thought the system was adjusting for exterior noise or gear ratio or something, but it appears to be random. The sound goes into a different surround sound program, EQ and stereo placement in the cockpit for a moment or two. I can't guarantee it happening if I take it into the dealer, and.....of course.....no one really cares about sound when they're driving this beautiful automobile, do they?
The Radio. Doesn't happen with CD or Ipod. I think it's the satellite/antenna adjusting itself, as it's more common when first changing a station. There's a lot of monkeying about with the sound anyway by the computer system. Normally it's just volume.
I think it's switching in and out of HD radio as the Hd signal comes and goes.
I've been using DAB radio and have never experienced this on the 385W system, if you have the 825W system maybe that has surround features that are cutting in and out, might be some settings for just using stereo?
Reference URL's