babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 2-stage locking....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the menu on the instrument panel one of the options is 2-stage locking..... I currently have this de-selected but am unsure as to what it means, even after studying my manual!!

I currently use keyless entry and keyless locking, I always double lock the car by pressing the 'button' on the door handle twice in a row.

Would selecting '2-stage locking' effect my current routine at all?

Ali Smile
One press to unlock the drivers door only, press the button twice to unlock the other doors
This is the case with the key fob. I take it if you have the keyless system, you touch the door handle twice!
Ahhh thanks Doug Very Happy

I'll have a fiddle tomorrow.

Ali.
(17-01-2012 11:29pm)alibeau Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh thanks Doug Very Happy

I'll have a fiddle tomorrow.

Ali.

Embarrassed And when you're finished fiddling, you can go check out your car's locking Laughing
(17-01-2012 11:33pm)DefLeppard Wrote: [ -> ]Embarrassed And when you're finished fiddling, you can go check out your car's locking Laughing

Embarrassed Laughing

I will re-phrase that......

I will check out my 2-stage locking option tomorrow Thumbs Up

Ali Laughing
Also one lock press locks the doors but leaves interior sensors off.

Two presses double locks and turns on the interior sensors

There is also a very useful audible alarm setting which makes the car beep when double locked (its a different beep to the one it does when you have a door / boot open)
Reference URL's