babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Order Pool Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to add Xenons and different wheels to my order but I have been told that the order is now in the holding pool and I may not be able to change. Anyone know if this is correct.

They did say I could change but would go to the back of the que and instead of Mar/April dleivery it would be August. Crying
The holding pool as far as i am aware means the build hasnt even gone tot the factory, you should be able to change anything you want without it affecting your place in the line.
Holding pool is the mash up with everyone else, change away!
Dropping out of the pool and changing might affect your place... And about 1 month ish before build you'll be asked to finalise your spec.
I was told last week that if you change once the oder has been sent to factory, then your order will be put back, this was from the dealer as he discovered this when he found that builds were coming through late where people were changing little things! Basically, the factory then put it to the back of their queue!! SO be very careful!!
I could see it potentially being affected if you were making big changes, say from 3 to 5 door but not the changes you've mentioned.

I must have changed my spec while in the holding pool about half a dozen times without any issues.
Agouti I added xenons & rear camera after my order was in, it didn't affect my dates. I was told that only big changes i.e. 3-5 door may alter the dates. On the factory order form it says the last date for change before it is locked in usually about 5 weeks before start of build. I must say I am glad I added xenons they are a much better light and the signature light looks amazing compared to halogen!
Thanks for the responses, I defo want the changes and I think they there was a bit of scare mongering going on.
Even once the order has been called to the factory you can change spec. My order was called on 23rd December but spec allegedly can be changed till Feb 22nd & the car goes to build on March 16th.
If your in the holding pool, doesn't that mean that your order has yet to go to the factory and is still with the dealer yet to be submitted?? In which case, there shouldn't be any delay by you amending. But from what I believe, once your order is accepted and you change, you will incur delays from your expected delivery, thats just what my sales guy told me.
I don't know if the same order system is used worldwide.....
But I've seen the Australian order screen , and it is quite clear....

On screen it shows all the dates - order date, build date and most importantly - last date for changes before build.

Eg Mine is Build date 3rd Feb 2012, and the computer showed 11th Jan 2012 as last day for changes.
My dealer said you can submit changes after this, at the mercy of your potentially having your build slot changed.

He said he had done a few changes for various customers orders after the final change date. Some stayed the same build date, some moved out by 4-8 weeks. And he doesn't know the outcome until he hits submit.
Reference URL's