babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Collected mine today at last !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Congratulations you have a beauty there, having seen yours I'm so glad I've ordered an Orkney Grey, it looks really classy, I'm hoping I get mine for the spring sunshine.
No mine is a white pure coupe,what do you mean filling up???didnt you ask for a full tank?
I got £20 worth and some bleating excuse about them not making any money. All in all I've had better new car buying experiences.
Hey Bob,

I wanted to ask about why you chose the shadow chrome alloys for your order, which I think look superb! I've got, more or less, the same car on order but have opted for the lighter coloured wheels because i thought the shadows might be too dark. But, having seen how nice yours look, I'm having second thoughts!

Did you have a chance to compare both 'in the flesh' before your ordered and are you happy with your choice?

It might be too late for me to change my order now, but am seriously considering phoning the garage tomorrow just to see.
I've gone for shadow chromes on my OG too after having seen them (albeit on a Firenze Red) at the Southampton boat show. I just thought the shadows would complement the more aggressive look I was going for (also going with contrast black roof). March can't come soon enough! Smile
(15-01-2012 05:06pm)vinny Wrote: [ -> ]No mine is a white pure coupe,what do you mean filling up???didnt you ask for a full tank?

(16-01-2012 12:30am)Ranger4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bob,

I wanted to ask about why you chose the shadow chrome alloys for your order, which I think look superb! I've got, more or less, the same car on order but have opted for the lighter coloured wheels because i thought the shadows might be too dark. But, having seen how nice yours look, I'm having second thoughts!

Did you have a chance to compare both 'in the flesh' before your ordered and are you happy with your choice?

It might be too late for me to change my order now, but am seriously considering phoning the garage tomorrow just to see.

Hi

I did, when I ordered mine there was a set of wheels on their display stand and I was told it was the same finish as the non-shadow and whilst it was nice and not too blingy, I thought the shadow would suit OG better. I think they would still look fine so I wouldn't worry about it , you'll still love it.

Also I thought the shadows would go better with the dynamic black trip parts.

(16-01-2012 10:50am)simonc Wrote: [ -> ]I've gone for shadow chromes on my OG too after having seen them (albeit on a Firenze Red) at the Southampton boat show. I just thought the shadows would complement the more aggressive look I was going for (also going with contrast black roof). March can't come soon enough! Smile

Yep, your train of thought was the same as mine, I think the brighter wheels would suite the prestige with the additional chrome trim but the shadows match with the dark trim on the dynamic.
Thanks, that's very helpful. I do like the darker wheels and share your ideas about the shadow chrome complimenting the dynamic trim, it's just I was put off by a couple of very dark photos a while back!

I think I might try and find a set to look at and hopefully amend my order.....
(16-01-2012 12:14am)tetstb Wrote: [ -> ]I got £20 worth and some bleating excuse about them not making any money. All in all I've had better new car buying experiences.

Should have got £40 as that is what is on the order sheet. When I was up viewing my one Your one was sitting with its plates on, I assume that this is your plate R** TET. Car looks good though.
Cheers for that, I don't think there was even £20 in it, not impressed with Stratstone to be honest.

It should have been R13*** but they messed up and registered it with a standard number and had to change the plates.

I think a visit to Trevor is in order.
I've never dealt with Trevor, always deal with Alistair who I must admit is a top guy. Cupar is a good branch , always had excellent service but would definitely enquire about the fuel though because you will have been charged for £40 (£33+vat).
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's