babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Discount on Ex Demo car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All
Have been offered a Prestige with Lux pack and 6500m. What sort of discount do you all think could be achieved? Has anyone else been offered a discount on Ex DEmo cars?

Need to make decision today so any quick feed back would be great.
I don't think you'll get much off to be honest.

My dealer had 2 on the forecourt - 1 had been returned as it was deemed too small by the new owner. The other was an early Prestige that was built without the reversing camera and got rejected by the new owner. Both advertised at practically list price from what I could see (without knowing exact specs).

This has been spoken about before and came down to 2 questions

- is the spec what you would have ordered anyway?
- are you happy to trade the 6500 miles and previous ownership against the wait list?
Surprised the dealer never quoted you a price when they offered the car to you as it sounds like they are offering it to the highest bidder!

Personally I'd wait and get the exact spec you want and I doubt they will accept much below list given the current demand.
Are there any on Autotrader/Pistonheads you could benchmark against?
(12-01-2012 01:50pm)PAT Wrote: [ -> ]Surprised the dealer never quoted you a price when they offered the car to you as it sounds like they are offering it to the highest bidder!
This. (IMO).

go in at 5k under list, see what their response is, then it's for them to come back with a counter reasonable price.
So far £2500 off list plus a very good PX price on my D3. A little more and they may have an order!
I'm Googleing Land Rover dealers in Cambridge....... which one did you say it was again? Smile
6500 miles for an ex demo seems high. Ex demos I've had 3 months old have had no more than 3k. Go for £5k off at least. Sounds like a director has been using it for personal pleasure.
Reference URL's