babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Yet More Delays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I called my dealer yesterday and a new reason came out. All cars with manual gearbox are delayed. They can't get them into the March production eventhough original schedule was January. During the February a lot of ED cars are produced. Even later ED orders than my SD4, early October 2011, are allocated to February. Most likely I will stay in the very famous pool. It looks to be a lottery to get your car done.

In Finland the car tax will change on the 1st of April. If the car is registred after that, it means more than 1k€
extra for my spec of a car. Early March production can save me from that, but more likely I will get the car somewhere late May (April production).
That last post sounds ominous. I have a build/delivery date for a manual car after bloody ages waiting. If it gets delayed again i think my head will explode.
Certainly does sound ominous for me too. I have orderd Dynamic SD4 manual with pano roof.
Think a call to the dealer in the morning is on the cards to see what he says about delays
due to pano and manual gearbox. will post with there reply.
I Hope someone is taking the P*$!Evil I Have a Manual car on order since late June 2011, dealer said last week all on course for 1 March delivery! I am SICK & TIRED of people who ordered WAY WAY Later coming along and saying they have their vehicle blah blah blah!!!! Its absolute B*%£@*Ks!!!!!!!!!!!Evil
Again, thanks for the replies, I currently have a Disco 3 but wanted to holiday in the new car! don't think I will contact Nick on the forum, emailed before with no reply.
All the talk about £150 from LR, as far as I am concerned this is an insult.(Sorry for the delay that will be £39,850 instead of £40,000 please:twistedSmile Landrover need to go way further than that.
Customer services did ring back late on, lots of apologies and hints of possible sweetners, but nothing definate.
All I want is my car.
Totally agree. I ordered my car March 2011, and it went into build today. It is a manual SD4. What has got me mad is the number of people who have come onto the forum ordering a car Aug/Sept taken delivery and now come up with some pathetic execuse for now selling them.
(10-01-2012 09:45pm)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Again, thanks for the replies, I currently have a Disco 3 but wanted to holiday in the new car! don't think I will contact Nick on the forum, emailed before with no reply.
All the talk about £150 from LR, as far as I am concerned this is an insult.(Sorry for the delay that will be £39,850 instead of £40,000 please:twistedSmile Landrover need to go way further than that.
Customer services did ring back late on, lots of apologies and hints of possible sweetners, but nothing definate.
All I want is my car.

Did they say anything about any issues with Roofs/Gearboxes or indicate there ARE Actual problems?? Or is it someone just talking Crap Again!!Evil
Just in case you are wondering I also placed my order in June
Sorry posts are catching me out, no mention of any specific problems, just build dates seem to be slipping back again.
Although I completely agree with people's frustrations regarding delays with their orders, i think it is bit harsh calling people who were lucky enough to get theirs early.

As discussed during many posts on this forum, we have absolutely no control over when our cars are built so all issues with delays are down to LR not the buyers!
I went to the dealer and ordered my car last Friday, Its being built today, and Ill pick it up on Saturday.

Very Happy
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's