babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Confused About Orkney Grey!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been Trawling the internet to look at Actual Pictures of OG Evoques, sad I know!!

Anyway, I am Very confused now over the actual colour! I have seen one, back in september the one we test drove, and I remember it being a fairly Lively Grey with a Blueish tinge, but having looked at LOTS tonight, there are quite a few which look Drab and BrownyCrying!

I am sure much of it is to do with the quality of picture taken and lighting, but what are people's thoughts who have seen/own this colour??

The best representations I have seen on here are Berlins Lovely OG Coupe, which looks Blueish to meVery Happy

Or Could it be that there is quite severe differences of colours coming out of the FactoryConfused
Mine looks blue-ish when clean, and brownish the rest of the time Laughing
You won't be disappointed. It has a bluey, purple tint to it and looks very nice. Genuinely one of the very best colours and I live relatively near to the factory so i went there to be sure on the best colour first. I saw every colour bar Mauritius and have to say that I honestly believe its the stand-out colour for the prestige. If I was having the Dynamic, there would be one or two other colours which would make the choice a little more difficult.
(09-01-2012 11:21pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]You won't be disappointed. It has a bluey, purple tint to it and looks very nice. Genuinely one of the very best colours and I live relatively near to the factory so i went there to be sure on the best colour first. I saw every colour bar Mauritius and have to say that I honestly believe its the stand-out colour for the prestige. If I was having the Dynamic, there would be one or two other colours which would make the choice a little more difficult.

ytshome - if you are ever in the neighbourhood of the factory again - I am dying to see some Mauritius blues out in the "wild".

They are hopefully starting to roll off the line this month.
(09-01-2012 11:21pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]You won't be disappointed. It has a bluey, purple tint to it and looks very nice. Genuinely one of the very best colours and I live relatively near to the factory so i went there to be sure on the best colour first. I saw every colour bar Mauritius and have to say that I honestly believe its the stand-out colour for the prestige. If I was having the Dynamic, there would be one or two other colours which would make the choice a little more difficult.

Great Stuff, just what I wanted to hearVery Happy I live Very close too, but never seem to see any OG's on the Test RoutesSad

YTS, did you stick with the normal 19" wheels? as opposed to the style 6? We have as I like them and think they suit the OG Prestige Very Well, they also looked Pretty Big when i s them in real life!

The other thing I am toying with is a contrast black pano roof? What are peoples thoughts on this? It maybe too late to change now anyway
The OG I had had a blue tinge to it, and is a fair bit lighter than the Stornaway which when placed next to the OG looked dirtier. It never looked muddy to me. I had a pic of the two together on another thread which I'll add in a bit
http://babyrr.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=847

Not the best pic but it shows the blue tinge
(09-01-2012 11:26pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]Great Stuff, just what I wanted to hearVery Happy I live Very close too, but never seem to see any OG's on the Test RoutesSad

YTS, did you stick with the normal 19" wheels? as opposed to the style 6? We have as I like them and think they suit the OG Prestige Very Well, they also looked Pretty Big when i s them in real life!

The other thing I am toying with is a contrast black pano roof? What are peoples thoughts on this? It maybe too late to change now anyway

I've got the standard 19s for summer and a set of FL2 18's and winter tyres for now. The standard wheels are plenty big enough. They are actually finished in a light grey, which is very close to OG. The 19's ride very well without magnaride, infact slightly better than my winter 18's.

The roof is a personal taste thing and given the choice I do think I'd have it on my next evoque. Might be the white roof though, because the pano itself is very darkly tinted from the outside and I think it gives more contrast, whereas the black can be very slightly lost against the pano roof
Orkney Grey looks great with the Dynamic's black accents...

[attachment=1124][attachment=1125][attachment=1123]
Here is my Orkney Grey Evoque next to my wife's Stornoway Grey Freeloader.
(10-01-2012 12:08am)Claud Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my Orkney Grey Evoque next to my wife's Stornoway Grey Freeloader.

Claud, that is the Best pic yet of a comparison between the two coloursVery Happy!! The OG is SO SO Much better and I am sure everyone on here who was worried about OG rather than SG is SO Happy at the OG!!

Do you have anymore pics? s that is pretty much our spec, well from the outside that is, are you happy with that style of wheel too? I think that style really suits the prestige and they look much more impressive in the metalVery Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's