babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: have I got the full and proper Adaptive Xenons??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not having had Adaptive Xenons before (or even Xenons), can an Evoque owner who has these already tell me what to look for so that I can check I have the right things! I'm sure I have Xenons but what's the 'adaptive' bit actually mean? When I turn a corner there is a light that appears on the side I am turning towards but should (is) anything else happen? Thank you.
No, that's what the adaptive xenons do, provide additional illumination in the direction of the turn, very useful when turning into a tight space. They are different from my 911 where the lights swivel according to the steering angle and are perhaps less useful, but I like the feature.
(09-01-2012 08:38pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]They are different from my 911 where the lights swivel according to the steering angle and are perhaps less useful, but I like the feature.
I thought (and still think) this is EXACTLY what the adaptive xenons do.... The additional light (from the fogs momentarily illuminating) was called something like corner assist.

Thats what I thought! Shocked

Phew...

Quote:Adaptive Xenon HID Headlamps (Requires headlamp wash)

These advanced Xenon HID headlamps swivel to follow the road, while static bending lamps provide additional illumination in tight bends.

The integrated combination with its LED light-blade technology creates a striking presence.
OK, I may be wrong then, I assumed it was the "static bending lights" which made them adaptive. I haven't noticed them swivelling with the steering, has anyone?
Hi, yes they swivel with the steering. I'm driving 40 miles to the office and back each day in the dark and on very bendy country roads, it really makes a difference. The beam focusses on the verges as you turn. Wonderful. Highly recommend them.
This is exactly why I am asking - I 'thought' they might swivel but I can't see any 'swivelling' going on!
Best way is park up at night facing a wall/garage door tc with your lights on. Have the steering straight on and then while stationary turn your wheel. If you have adaptive lights you will see where the main beam hits the wall move slightly when you turn the wheel. If you don't see the beam move then they're not working and you need to get them checked out.
I think, and I may be wrong here, adaptive xenons are only on the prestige and dynamic, whereas just xenons are available on the pure. They are not adaptive and don't move with the steering wheel.

What model do you have?

Also think the specs are different from country to country. Have a look at what topix says about your vin number and if it includes adaptive on there.
Pure - I was a very early UK order and my order, TOPIX schedule and Invoice all say 'Adaptive Xenons'
(10-01-2012 11:21am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Pure - I was a very early UK order and my order, TOPIX schedule and Invoice all say 'Adaptive Xenons'

I think they are adaptive in the sense that they auto level? like up and down?

let me show you my topix screenshot.

[attachment=1134]

It says xenon headlamps in the left column and then it says less cornering lamps in the column on the right.

Maybe that means they dont move with the steering? My thoughts are that when you turn your steering wheels, the cornering lamps turn on depending which side you're turning and your xenons move with the steering as well. But as cornering lamps aren't included, maybe they dont move when turning? Just up and down? Auto levelling?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's