babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Being flashed at!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

Over the last few days I have had an issue on motorways with people coming up behind ad flashing lights at me and then flashing foglamps when the go past.

Obviously i assumed I had inadvertantly switched the rear foglights on, but each time i have checked and they are definatley off. Also I have double checked that they are not coming on whilst being switched off.
Other than thinking that perhaps theres an intermittent fault lighting the rear fogs or reversing lights coming on and then being off when I check i am baffled.

I hate it when people leave fogs on , and to be honest I never use them( then why did I pay £loads for front fog on my pure then??)

Has anyone else had this problem? Im wondering if the rear lights are just bright.

Thanks
It'll be the fact that you're driving an Evoque. I had the same sort of thing happen when I got one of the early MK III Sciroccos. I had cars pulling along side and giving the thumbs up and all sorts. Cars like the Evoque and Scirocco break a few rules when it comes to design, and people seem to like that. Never happens to people in Focuses or Mercs Wink

Enjoy
Are you hogging the middle lane instead of using an empty inside lane? Are you the kind of driver who does 70 in the outside lane all day long, holding people up who want to make progress?

Both reasons why people might flash you.
R u driving with yr lights on?n or r u driving with just yr front DRL on and thinking that yr lights r on but actually u have no lights on at the rear and they think it is dark enough that u should have lights on ?
please please please dont let this forum degenerate into stupid text speak
(07-01-2012 07:05pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]R u driving with yr lights on?n or r u driving with just yr front DRL on and thinking that yr lights r on but actually u have no lights on at the rear and they think it is dark enough that u should have lights on ?

Just what I was thinking.
THis happened to me and I didn't have my lights on! I only had the LED/Daylight Running ones one, so no lights at the back.

I would have a check, especially if you have auto lights. Mine had been moved to off an dI hadn't checked properly (must have been driving without proper lights on for a bout a week!)
I've had a similar experience when I was following another driver he was tapping his brake lights and flashing the fogs on and off. I checked everything, main beam, front fogs, even switched from auto to 'on' on the headlight stork. I wasn't too close, wasn't speeding, I got very paranoid and just didn't get it, my headlights were barely touching his number plate so he wasn't being dazzled.

There was no doubt that everything was normal and to prove it I lit up the front fogs and the beam, that seemed to do the trick with this particular muppet.

I have since seen another RRE and it was coming up behind me. In comparison to the other cars on the road the lights did look very bright and very white, even more so than the aftermarket HID's people are fitting. Nothing wrong with them but they do stand out.
Sorry, but I was on my phone and felt that I needed to post before I was able to return to a proper pc - I will try and use full and proper words in the future!
...driving whilst texting on your phone, hogging the middle lane, and with no lights on at the rear and front fogs on at front.... Smile
Just read this post then went to collect my Chinese takeaway and someone flashed at me ! Lights at normal dipped beam setting, so cant really see what it was about.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's