babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How low are the Evoque's seats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd step out of the shadows and ask a question.

My mom has been wanting a small-ish SUV/crossover for a few years now. I've saved up enough money to get her something of real quality, with the hopes of making a purchase in the next month or so, so that hopefully it would be ready by her birthday in November of this year. I had narrowed the choices down to either the Audi Q3 or a MB M-Class. But in the last week or so I've come across the Evoque and it's making my decision a lot harder.

She wants something that is larger than what she has now (an '02 Lexus sedan), big enough to give her some protection, not so big that it is going to cost a fortune in gas.

For a lot of reasons, the Evoque is looking like a great option, I don't need to go into them right now since, well, you all know why it's an amazing car.

So for the time being, I have to put my question into cyberspace. It has to do with the seating in the front row. My mom is rather small, just under 5'1. I've been watching a few of the review vids, and a lot of them reference the fact that the cabin sits low within the body of the Evoque, sort of like a sports-car. So my question is.... how low? Point being, in a larger SUV, if the seats are higher up, you'll feel higher up and won't be sucked down into the car. But if the lowness of the seats is true, how bad is it? I doubt my mom would enjoy barely seeing over the steering wheel. It seems even the second row is at a higher level than the front row.

Unfortunately, I live a few hours away from the closest dealer with an Evoque to test drive. But even then, I'm almost a foot taller than her so I'm not sure if I would even be able to tell. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it. If it does give the too-compact and sucked in feel of a sports car instead of a bit more of a higher view, then maybe I'd be better off going with something else for her.

Thanks.
My mom is 5 ft and she adjusts the seat pretty high and sees everything. But she doesnt drive though, the other problem she has is getting in the Evoque. She is also 75 so the legs arent that flexible .
Hi...

I have a Lexus IS 250, and am getting the evoque, and my mother test drove the evoque and liked the seating position and hight.

She said that you are a lot higher and you can see more, and my mother is not the tallest of people.

There is so much more room in the back too....loads more than the Lex

Cheers
(07-01-2012 10:19am)Billionaireboysclub Wrote: [ -> ]Hi...

I have a Lexus IS 250, and am getting the evoque, and my mother test drove the evoque and liked the seating position and hight.

She said that you are a lot higher and you can see more, and my mother is not the tallest of people.

There is so much more room in the back too....loads more than the Lex

Cheers

I had an IS250 as well! My mom hated the back seats because it was too hard to get in and out of. The ride got worse when I replaced it with all season tires
Hmm, I'm 5 feet 6 and drive with the seat at it's highest point. You really do sit immersed in the Evoque - and I wouldn't like to be much lower. I like to have a good vantage point all around the car!
Reference URL's