babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How's the Evoque in cross-winds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, been lurking around this site for around 6 months - probably exiting co. car scheme Aug '12 and really interested in an Evoque.
Currently have an '08 BMW 320d SE "Edition", and I'd assumed I'd be interested in the SD4 engined RRE, but having read the consumption figures everyones' reporting, I'm wondering whether it would make more sense to go for a petrol - if I end up with an Evoque, it would be my own vehicle. I have a 50 mile round commute, not so many business miles these days; although having had t/d company cars for last 10 years I expect I'd miss all that torque!
Mind you, by the time I've spec'd-up my ideal RRE Dynamic Coupe, I'm also tempted to look for an ex-demo '12MY RRS 3.0 diesel and be done with it, come August.... I know of course these two vehicles are two completely different beasts, but there's no getting away from the fact that my ideal RRE is best part of 45k !!

anyway, all that is somewhat pie-in-the sky at the moment so back on topic, just wondered with the really strong winds we've had in the UK last few days, what people's thoughts are on how the Evoque fares compared to anything else?

David
Mine's been fine .... hasn't blown off the drive once! Hopefully I'll get to drive it again at the weekend!
Surprisingly good. I actually said as much to my misses yesterday when it was blowing a hoooooley? Welcome to the forum.
(05-01-2012 11:39pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Mine's been fine .... hasn't blown off the drive once! Hopefully I'll get to drive it again at the weekend!

Very good Rolling Eyes
Actually, you can all imagine just how useful a BMW 320d [without winter tyres] was this time last year....
In Northumberland.....
Probably a lot better than the lorry i followed on the A1 washington last night, the wheels on one side of the trailer were off the ground at one point.
It's great, after my delight at watching Newcastle beat Manu 3-0, my night was further bettered by the evoques handling during a few hours driving down the A1. I could feel the gusts, but it stayed straight and true, with a little buffeting.

The car was a great place to be in that wind and driving rain. Hope the guy driving the lorry which was sat on its side was OK though.
Better than RRS in cross winds, and around the same as FL2.
(06-01-2012 01:15am)Trax Wrote: [ -> ]It's great, after my delight at watching Newcastle beat Manu 3-0, my night was further bettered by the evoques handling during a few hours driving down the A1. I could feel the gusts, but it stayed straight and true, with a little buffeting.

The car was a great place to be in that wind and driving rain. Hope the guy driving the lorry which was sat on its side was OK though.

Delight at the win can be classed as offensive and I may have to delete your post! Laughing
(06-01-2012 02:09pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Delight at the win can be classed as offensive and I may have to delete your post! Laughing

Why would someone from Hampshire have that opinion??

Are you a typical glory seeking Man U fan??
(06-01-2012 02:44pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Why would someone from Hampshire have that opinion??

Are you a typical glory seeking Man U fan??

I am glad you said that and not me.

It saddened me greatly watching the Manu fans coaches also traveling down the A1 that night, knowing how far it was to London and the South East........
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's