babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Gauging Build Precision : Panel Gaps & Waist Trim finisher alignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those who have their Evoques, i would like to hear of your assessment regarding the panel gaps and the waist finisher trim alignment on your Evoque. I would like to get a gauge on whether their is (German/Japanese) perfection and consistancy, with the precision and quality control coming out of the factory.

Please assess the following....
(1) Panel Gap consistancy and evenness. Hood,doors, tailgate. (Hows yours)?
(2) Waist Finisher trim alignment .The waist finisher trim is at the base of the windows surrounding the entire exterior cabin. This trim should line up perfectly,visually connecting one panel to the next. (A perfection test can be performed by sitting a ruler on top of the finisher trim, bridging over the gap, and should cross to both sides evenly).
Mine was produced in sept and all the gaps are consistent from side to side on the gaps. Fit and finish is as good as the german and Japanese luxury vehicles.

Coming from a Lexus it as good if not better then my IS250. That had a dash that rattled a rear glass that would make a ticking sound in the summer time. Expected more since it was my first luxury car. My Accord made less noise then that but the Lexus was more refined minus the creaks and ticks.

Back to your question everything lines up even the tailgate
Don't worry. It a quality piece of kit. Fit and finish are top notch. Panel gaps nice, toght and aligned, apart from the bonnet , which is designed that way.
Thanks guys,so far so good.
Anyone else want to give their valuation on the Evoque in this department. Do you view the Evoque's build as precise as the German/Japanese standard setters?
I am very happy with the build quality of the Evoque, for the price paid. My only real gripe is that the floor mats do not adequately protect the carpet to prevent it getting muddy.
build quality is very high..no complaints at all with it. Gaps all good and even.
Reference URL's