babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Annoyed!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thank you for the kind support.....I have now calmed down due to a friend sending me this attachment and said that the video will explain why the Evoque will have this issue with other owners.. ...ahahaha...!LaughingLaughing
(31-12-2011 04:06pm)ameer Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's two things, first is envy, which causes people to park next to you just to annoy you, when they have plenty of parking spaces at their disposal. Second is that some people just don't care about others property, which causes the dents on your doors.

One time I saw someone slam their door into my car, and left red paint and a pretty big dent on it. I was close enough to stop him as he tried to leave and I made him go to the police with me so I can fix my car off of his insurance. He also got a hefty fine. I wasted some of my time but at least he got taught a lesson.

I'm glad there was no damage to your car, though.

Ameer, you were lucky, where I used to live in Rugby if you challenged one of these door bashing scum bags you would most likely to get a knife in your chest, or at the very least a load of foul mouthed abuse. I'm afraid its a product of our time with succesive governments funding a breeding programme for these chavs. No respect for themselves and no respect for anyone or anything else.

One reason we moved up here, it's a long way from anywhere, it's picturesque, it rains a lot but there is an old fashioned sense of community, standards and trust. At the moment it is also a 'chav free zone'.
@tony - don't shout too loud or we'll all want to move there ! Sounds great
That always happens to me, even at 3am when I'm the only vehicle in the car park some twat will always park right next to me. I'm worried for when I actually get my evoke. At least the boot is big enough to carry a small set of traffic cones!
(31-12-2011 12:10pm)ZuluKZN Wrote: [ -> ]I am so annoyed, went to our local supermarket this morning and deliberately choose a parking that will not invite too many cars around me (the car park was at least 60% full). Did my shopping and got back into the car and noticed this idiot trying to park next to me (don’t get me wrong have nothing against that but this guy came up too close). He then opens his door and slams it into my passage door and thinks nothing of it and casually walks away to get a parking ticket. Luckily there was no damage. Can anyone make me understand why he would choose that particular bay when there were at least 70 bays available to him??? Sorry just venting!!!!.............HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS AND DOLLS!!!!!

Saw a parking poster on the net featuring Micky Mouse it read as follows (place under the wiper blade)
Thank you for taking the time to park so close to me
Next time leave a f*****g can opener
Assholes like you should take the bus
I bet you F**k like you park
Doesn't stop the idiots but I must say it puts a smile on my face when I think of the look on their dumb faces
I too park miles from others, and would never park where I could not be sure I was not going to damage others.

My rule of thumb, is never park near to entrances to anything, never near knackered cars, and most of all avoid people carriers ( they have mums who value their little cherub way higher than your doors as they fling theirs open!!)
As to why they park next to you , when your parked on your own ?????

Once left a month old M3 at Heathrow official car park, while I was in the USA for 4 days. When I returned there were dents and scratches totalling £800 to fix, my car was steel grey, and there were at least 4 different paint colours left on the wings and doorsEvil

I now always look at my car and the car next to me where its doors would line up with mine, if I see their paint on mine and mine on their door edge, Im afraid two wrongs may not make a right, but there is always the heel of my shoe!! Im sick of it!!!
This is one of the main reasons I have gone for fuji white.It is easier and cheaper to repair,Just last week somebody dragged a key across my door..bas...ds! I had just had my bumper resprayed the week before from someone reversing into it and driving off! The car I have now is metallic and it is hard to colour match and costly to repair.
Do what I do at the superstore and take up 2 bays by putting the white line right in under the middle of the car. As long as not pay n display it works a treat. Lol.
Door dings and keys scratching surfaces - sorry to hear about these gross infractions to our pristine vehicles.

I have two further theories why people might like parking next to a perfect Evoque.
1- They know we won't be blasé and ding their car
2- Laziness. It's actually easier to park next to another car then have to make the effort to look on the ground and line your vehicle to painted lines (at night, or in the rain). Added bonus is that if you miscalculate you be feel a thump! Surprised
(31-12-2011 04:46pm)Tony Wrote: [ -> ]Ameer, you were lucky, where I used to live in Rugby if you challenged one of these door bashing scum bags you would most likely to get a knife in your chest, or at the very least a load of foul mouthed abuse.

Surely that is a bit extreme, no?

I live in a very different part of the world, and while I'm no pushover I also think it's best to avoid trouble, however I wouldn't say I'd fear for my life while confronting someone who is very obviously in the wrong, no matter what part of the country or city I am in or how shady the person in question looks, talks or behaves.

That said, the Evoque certainly draws attention, and sadly some people will go to great lengths to feel better about themselves or get a false sense of satisfaction in their petty lives, and would gladly annoy you or try to ruin your day. I think parking the car far far away from others only signals this sixth sense of theirs and might even encourage them to park next to you since it's obvious you went out of your way to protect your car. Might be wiser to blend in somewhere, rather than sticking out as the sole car parked on the furthermost row.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's