babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Thank you Gaydon & Halewood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve just finished my annual 1,100 mile Friends and Family pre Christmas “tour”. From Edinburgh to Hastings via Middlesbrough and then back through the Cotswolds. The 6 day trip included 2 days of continuous rain. The Evoque didn’t miss a beat. More than that, the Engineers at Gaydon seem to have achieved a feat that not even Westminster or assorted local authorities could pull off ....namely resurface the entire UK road network. Having had 15+ years plus of German cars with sports suspension I thought to get control you had to have a rock hard ride.... well not anymore. There were large sections of the motorway network I would dread, knowing I would be shaken to death. When I hit the first of these (a stretch of the M42) I genuinely thought the road had been resurfaced, it wasn’t until I reached the second that I realised it was the Evoque doing all the work (and remember I have 20” wheels!). Well done JLR .... and my back thanks you. Also thanks to the guys at Halewood, the car feels a quality piece of kit and throughout all that wretched weather it felt wonderfully solid and its high speed stability instilled a great deal of confidence.

Thanks a lot guys and all the best for 2012.... you deserve a good year.
That sounds great. Looking forward to getting some of thet experience myself as soon as Gaydon & Halewood manage to get production going enough to build my Evoque. Confused

Happy Xmas all from a sunny Madrid
Reference URL's