babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Sat/Nav question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does the HDD Nav you have in Europe, have the ability to view at two different angles (ie: Nav for driver and Movie for passenger)
If this available in the UK, , is there a MOD to adapt it to the U.S. spec car, our arcane rules here evidently will not allow it to be sold here
This would be the dual view screen.
Its not standard, but is an option... And its a physically different screen, so notnsmething you can just 'activate'. I dont see why you couldnt buy the physical unit (at an astronomical cost??!) and install it yourself.
Thanks, I thought they were all standard on the NAV in Europe, but evidently not. I wonder how many people actually order it. I would love to have it, at least to listen to shows while the passenger enjoys themselves on long drives
(23-12-2011 12:01am)Intex Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I thought they were all standard on the NAV in Europe, but evidently not. I wonder how many people actually order it. I would love to have it, at least to listen to shows while the passenger enjoys themselves on long drives

It's part of one of the option packs too - I believe the audio for the video content enjoyed by the passenger is streamed to wireless headphones for the said passenger so you wouldn't get to be distracted by any of it.
Answers to many of my questions was in the Electronics Forum Area, under "Movies playing on a USB stick"

Now I have to determine if my NAV unit can be modified to accept USB sticks
(23-12-2011 03:25am)Intex Wrote: [ -> ]Answers to many of my questions was in the Electronics Forum Area, under "Movies playing on a USB stick"

Now I have to determine if my NAV unit can be modified to accept USB sticks

I thought the USB ports were in the centre armrest area rather than in the head unit?
You would need:
- a new screen with the dual screen technology
- a new head unit for the wireless headphones
- the wireless headphones
- probably new software
- maybe other things as well

Even if it's technically possible to buy / install this separately, all this will cost you half a car.
Reference URL's