babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Roof rails - do they spoil the lines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Roof rails...I've ordered them because I'm concerned I'll need more space than the boot provides on occasion and a roof box is the obvious solution...

However, the Evoque's lines are very attractive and I'm worried that the rails will detract from the clean aesthetics. I've not seen enough pictures to decide conclusively and none with the panoramic roof and rails.

I'm torn as to whether I should continue and get them or risk struggling with luggage space to preserve the car's looks...

What's the consensus - do they look ok to you, has anyone with the panoramic roof got them?
(20-12-2011 11:39pm)Coolbanana Wrote: [ -> ]Roof rails...I've ordered them because I'm concerned I'll need more space than the boot provides on occasion and a roof box is the obvious solution...

However, the Evoque's lines are very attractive and I'm worried that the rails will detract from the clean aesthetics. I've not seen enough pictures to decide conclusively and none with the panoramic roof and rails.

I'm torn as to whether I should continue and get them or risk struggling with luggage space to preserve the car's looks...

What's the consensus - do they look ok to you, has anyone with the panoramic roof got them?

I'm having a black pair fitted tom, (wed) on a Fuji white 5 door with Pano roof..Very Happy

This Video towards the end, shows roof rails on a moving car..hope this helps Wink

I think they will look pretty good as they don't sit to high like on other vehicles, and this video shows this.

When they are fitted i will post some pic's.. Very Happy
Thanks Cutter7, the rails look fine in that video - I'm probably worrying needlessly!
Here you find couple of pics of silver rails

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Pure-T...roof-rails
For the practical reasons of being able to put stuff on the roof they are ok, not sure I would order them for looks only! I guess they just look a bit odd because there aren't many cars seen with them yet! My personal opinion of course!
There's a thule bar kit that will fit without the rails if you have a 5 door Evoque - I think I'm going to go for that so I don't have to have the permanent rails.
I think they look fine, going for black.
Photo's of Fitted Rails ('i don't think they spoil the lines', what do you guys think?)..

The Roof Box on the BM will sit on top..

[attachment=989]

[attachment=990]

[attachment=991]

[attachment=992]

[attachment=993] Very Happy

I have more closer photo's of these rails i'll post later.. Wink
More Photo's of rails..

[attachment=998]

[attachment=997]

[attachment=994]

[attachment=995]

[attachment=996]
and again....finished!

[attachment=1001]

[attachment=999]

[attachment=1000] Very HappyVery Happy
Looks very good Cutter7!

Mine actually arrived today looking at the boxes I've received from Duckworths (haven't opened them yet) so I'll fit them next week. I went for the black one's too.

Cheers!
I think it enhances the look of the Evoque and will be adding black rails to mine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's