babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dec 25th the baby Jesus was born ... but on the 28th Dec, I got to drive my new baby!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(30-12-2011 03:36pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]I too notice the DRL's being bright versions of side lights, seems odd, would rather run around with the side light option on with rears lit too rather than the DRL's, the DRL's have to dim for the indicators which just seems plain weird! one side light dimmer than the other, saw someone laughing as I was sat indicating at traffic lights probably thinking the lights had gone wrong already! Laughing Still least the fog light doesn't come on with indicators like on some cars i've seen that really is plain wrong!

I agree on the dimming, would be better to stay bright and have the rears on, the fog lights you mention coming on with indicators, I think you're confused with the cornering function some have eg my VRS, M Benz etc. they don't work with the indicator they actually work with the position of the steering wheel to light the direction you're turning in, pointless around town but when you're on unlit streets they're actually surprisingly effective.
You might be able to improve that fit, but it's probably in the moulding shape of the flaps, I seem to remember there is a plastic clip that holds the top section in place from the fitting instructions Tim posted.

Be interested to know what you think of the adaptive Xenons when you get to do some night driving.
Adaptive xenons - I need more info on what I should be expecting! They are nice and bright and I notice that an extra light comes on when I turn corners but it is hard to see if the whole light turns or not (is it supposed to?)

They certainly look better than the halogens and are certainly brighter making driving easier.
I'm so pleased you have your RE! Isn't it just the bees knees!? I think your alloys are also the best/most attractive available (and no I didn't order these, just have come to the decision from close inspection of forum pics!). Smile
Cruise control - somewhere on here, someone mentioned that when u set cruise, you get a graph of your CO2 output. All nice the first time, but I haven't bought an evoque to save the world (Don't get me wrong, I do care!).

Anyway, good news is that you can turn this graph off via the steering wheel menu system so u don't need to be reminded each time you set cruise!
qn - is there a speed warning setting? I have it now where you can set a certain speed and if you hit it you get a 'ding' and a flashing warning? doesn't stop you going over that speed but nice to have as a reminder if you drift over it
Yep, there is ONE speed warning user setting - ding and note on driver lcd
Cruise Control, I noticed there is no "Enable" as I have seen on every other car I've used cruise on, so in theory you could lean on the button accidently and set the cruise, Don't know if this is normal for LR/RR but new to me not to have to enable it first and have a "Cruise Enabled" light before using "set".
thanks cjfp, one more qn then I'll stop hijacking your thread Smile I forgot to check this during unleashed but the indicators - if you tap\nudge the indicator stalk without fully enable it does it give 3 flashes??

I know, but it's the little things that make for a better driving experience Wink
No worries, happy to help. Yep, 3 flash indicator.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's