babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: At last progress! But what does it mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there I had a call from my dealer today to say my order has now been placed in the 'submitted to build' section on his land rover order program.

My original build date was Dec 19th then it went back to Jan 20th then forward to Jan 13th. All sounds very promising but does anyone know what 'submitted to build' actually means in terms of when will it actually be built etc?
Andy, my guess is that it has gone into build. Pity it doesn't specify if the 19th is the build date.

Look s like I'm the last Glos forum member to get his.

I'm a good 30 or so behind you.
Mine had a build date in Dec Very Happy then put back to mid Jan Sad and now it is end of Jan Sad, similar spec to yours so might mine come early.Confused:Confused:Confused:Confused::
My dealer said it has not actually gone in to build yet but have moved up into the 'Submitted to Build' section

Does anyone know how long it takes from going into this section to then actually being built?
In one or two weeks LR should confirm your build date. I'm guessing that will be January / February?
No that would not be right as my dealer said it was excellent news that my order had come forward so my build date was Jan 13th so don't think the good news would mean an extra delay!
Strange, it seems each dealer defines "submitted", "build date", "delivery date" etc. slightly differently.
So does anyone know what 'submitted to order' actually means & how long from this to actual build?
(20-12-2011 10:14pm)andyuk Wrote: [ -> ]So does anyone know what 'submitted to order' actually means & how long from this to actual build?

Generically in automotive vehicle assemby terms this is the commit point for the manufacturing process to start rolling. It varies from brand to brand but is typically the start of a 4-6 week process where all of the components to build the customers car are called off from the suppliers - remember that LR will be sequencing the arrival of the major assemblies/components, track-side, needed to build your car to within probably 60 minutes or less.
Ok so should go to actual build very soon! My original build date was this week before the delays so maybe mine will be what they originally stated!
Reference URL's