babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Reset ECM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I didn't order my Evoque like most on here it was the first one delivered to California dealership. So I went to reset the ECM so that it learns my driving style. Holy smokes the petrol turbo kicks in at 2500rpm instead of 3k. Feels like a totally different car!

Never owned a land rover or ranger rover but I'm impressed with the evqoue. I came from a Lexus and and very impressed. I will post some pics of my Galway Green soon...

Just had to share Cool
how did you reset the ECM?
I just unhooked the battery for few minutes. I was to lazy to find the circuit breaker for the ECM Smile
Very interesting.
How quickly does it adapt. Had my car since about 150 miles.
My lexus took about 50 miles to learn. I'm guessing it will be about the same
So does it continuously adapt or definetly need a reset first. This is interesting, did t know it existed in the Evoque.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it's something like the sneaky ECU trick like on the MBs or pull neg terminal like the Jag. I assume it's probably the same as the Jag as both are owned by Tata......which is to disconnect the battery negative for 5 minutes or hard reset on the Jag is to have the negative touch the positive cable for a second while the positive cable is still connected to the battery.
Are there any problems with doing this?
What are the benefits of resetting this?
Sorry for my ignorance
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's