babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Santorini black looks like it's back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just looked at the UK Landrover website, and noticed that not only has Santorini black returned in the colours options,but it is also offered on the black contrast roofs, where as before it was Narvik. It may also mean that the Dynamic mirrors and grill would be painted as originally intended in Santorini, rather then the solid Narvik. Can anyone confirm?

I hope this change is immediate, and across the board to include Australian versions, cause mine is in build as we speak,and i have a black roof.....i would prefer Santorini. If this turns out to be true,then my one month delay would have payed dividends,and been more then worth it. Smile
I was at my dealers today, he mentioned this also, because Sumatra has been removed!!
What is the difference between Sumatra and Santorini?
Not sure of the differences, as both are metallics, and i've read somewhere,that you would be hard pressed to see the differences if they were side by side. Maybe someone can post a side-by-side close-up of display sample pieces found at the LR showrooms.
The big thing here though is....not only does it replace Sumatra for body colour,but it also replaces the Narvic solid black (non-metallic),for things such as contrast roof, and certain Dynamic trim pieces.
Anyone got any more information on when exactly did Santorini black return into the production process,to replace Narvik and Sumatra?
Didn't know it went away I'm sure mine is a Santorini black... When I order only two blacks available were Santorini and Barolo black.

I can't believe LR are having so much trouble with their production of cars, colours and parts, what kind of Micky mouse company are they or is that because of the new owners? I'm sure market research was done on this car plus pre orders surely an indication how popular this is and what sort of materials required for production!!!
The problem started in Japan and the paint supply there. A few of the colors supply were disrupted due to natural disasters
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Updated-C...ailability

(24-12-2011 04:32pm)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't know it went away I'm sure mine is a Santorini black... When I order only two blacks available were Santorini and Barolo black.

I can't believe LR are having so much trouble with their production of cars, colours and parts, what kind of Micky mouse company are they or is that because of the new owners? I'm sure market research was done on this car plus pre orders surely an indication how popular this is and what sort of materials required for production!!!
QUOTE by member LP from the thread ''Updated colour availability''...
"Updated Colour Availability

Just had an update on colour availability from my dealer...

October Build Availability
Colima Lime is now available for sold orders only on Range Rover Evoque . Order call opened 29 June.
Barolo Black is now available for sold orders only on Range Rover Evoque. Order call opened 29 June.
Nara Bronze will be re-introduced on Range Rover, Discovery and Range Rover Sport. Order call timing TBA.
Firenze Red will be available on all products. Range Rover Evoque ordering already open. Other model order call timing TBA.

December Build Availability
Barolo Black will be available on Freelander (12MY introduction). Order call timing TBA.
Mauritius Blue will be available on Range Rover Evoque. Order call timing TBA.
Havana will be available on Range Rover Evoque. Order call timing TBA.

January Build Availability
Santorini Black will be re-introduced to replace Sumatra Black.

Baltic Blue will be re-introduced to replace Buckingham Blue.
Aintree Green will be re-introduced to replace Galway Green on Defender, Discovery and Range Rover Sport.
Galway Green will continue to be available on Range Rover Evoque and Freelander.

Removed Colours - these will not be re-introduced
Bali Blue
Lago Grey
Rimini Red
Kosrae Green
Stornoway Grey (Orkney Grey continues).
''

Regarding that colour availability update found by slee18, and shown above, it says for January build availability, Santorini Black would be re-introduced to replace Sumatra Black.
Question : Does anyone know if it has actually been available earlier then the above stated,and re-introduced for all builds in this December? I ask this because the UK website was updated to show Santorini in December.
under the sunlight sumatra black has a feeble blue reflexs, santorini is alwais deep black
(25-12-2011 12:24pm)marandod Wrote: [ -> ]under the sunlight sumatra black has a feeble blue reflexs, santorini is alwais deep black

whew. in that case, thank god they changed to santorini.
Reference URL's