babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Should I take delivery before Xmas or wait till January?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Collecting mine tomorrow. Can't wait. No way I could wait until January.
I'm in a similar dilemma and mine is due to arrive 23rd December. I asked my dealer about collecting in January so it could be registered as a 2012 model but he said it didn't make a difference as registrations are done in March and August so Jan 2012 will still be a 2011 registration.

If this is wrong then some one please let me know.
(16-12-2011 08:13am)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in a similar dilemma and mine is due to arrive 23rd December. I asked my dealer about collecting in January so it could be registered as a 2012 model but he said it didn't make a difference as registrations are done in March and August so Jan 2012 will still be a 2011 registration.

If this is wrong then some one please let me know.
I think what your dealer is saying is it will still be on a 61 plate in January and you'd have to wait until March to get a 12 plate.

BUT.. a 2012 car IS nominally worth more than a 2011 car (even if it's December 2011) but of course that value difference depends how long you're keeping the car etc.

HOWEVER...I'm collecting my Dynamic Coupe on Monday 19th December, I'm not waiting, I'm with all the people who've said 'life's too short' and 'waited a long time, not waiting any longer'. My biggest fear is I'll burst before Monday, I'm so excited!!
(15-12-2011 11:44pm)Daigriff Wrote: [ -> ]Picking mine up tomorrow morning. I thought for about 2 seconds about delaying till the New Year but I ve waited long enough and am going to enjoy it over the Christmas break. No brainer for me.

Good Luck today! It's been a long haul........ Enjoy every minute.
I did some research using What Car and We Buy Any Car Valuations on Q5's and Freelanders and found that the average valuation difference between cars with the same mileage and registration plates but different years was seldom more than £200. Some had no difference. I actually thought about delaying my SD4 5 door Pure Auto from 29th November to early January, but changed my mind after 1 look at the new car. It is the best Xmas present you could wish for. Go for it.
(15-12-2011 11:44pm)Daigriff Wrote: [ -> ]Picking mine up tomorrow morning. I thought for about 2 seconds about delaying till the New Year but I ve waited long enough and am going to enjoy it over the Christmas break. No brainer for me.

Enjoy Dai. YT
Get it now! Enjoy Very Happy
Well I thought about doing a poll but I do not think there is any need, there would be an overwhelming majority to say get it ASAP.

Just to let you guys know it was originally due to be delivered 16 December which slipped to 19 January and has now come forward, so a good result for me. My dealer (Guy Salmon Thames Ditton) said form the outset in August he could get one before year end whereas Hunters were saying January/February (I guess they had run out of slots).

It has been a good buying experience so far, except some last minute nagging about Supaguard and Asset Protection neither of which I wanted to pay for.

Thank you for all the feedback, it seems like there is a big appeal to the car so delaying will not feel good and there may be a value difference but it may be negligible as the car is so new.

I have had so many issues with my FFRR trade in, I am reluctant to drive it now should it develop another issue that needs fixing, albeit under warranty. So I am driving the wife's Freeloader SD4 (it faster than the Full Fat any way Laughing and 30 mpg plus...)
(16-12-2011 03:19pm)Claud Wrote: [ -> ]Well I thought about doing a poll but I do not think there is any need, there would be an overwhelming majority to say get it ASAP.

Just to let you guys know it was originally due to be delivered 16 December which slipped to 19 January and has now come forward, so a good result for me. My dealer (Guy Salmon Thames Ditton) said form the outset in August he could get one before year end whereas Hunters were saying January/February (I guess they had run out of slots).

It has been a good buying experience so far, except some last minute nagging about Supaguard and Asset Protection neither of which I wanted to pay for.

Thank you for all the feedback, it seems like there is a big appeal to the car so delaying will not feel good and there may be a value difference but it may be negligible as the car is so new.

I have had so many issues with my FFRR trade in, I am reluctant to drive it now should it develop another issue that needs fixing, albeit under warranty. So I am driving the wife's Freeloader SD4 (it faster than the Full Fat any way Laughing and 30 mpg plus...)

You know it makes sense. Do not weaken. Have fun. I can't wait for Monday to arrive.
So sir what have you decided to do?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's