babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Total Detailing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked my car up yesterday and just wanted to recommend Chris from TDI to anyone who is collecting their car from a dealership in the North East.
On Chris's advice I'd asked the dealer not to do any prep work on the car at all. They were good enough to allow Chris to use their workshop and showroom while he worked his magic, and all were impressed as to how much effort he put into every aspect of detailing the car.

Photo's taken by Chris:

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x329...ng%20work/

The work included - paint, leather, trim, carpet and wheel protection plus a glass treatment, so definately a total detailing. Time will tell how good this product is (Gtechniq), but all reports have been very good plus they give a 5 year guarantee. It'll certainly be put to the test the way the weather is, and will continue to be for the next 4 or 5 months!
Chris has also said that he is happy to give a 15% discount to members of the forum.

The website address is: http://www.tdinternational.co.uk/
That's brilliant, shame they are not nearer or have a southern branch.

I know it might sound silly but do you know if they clayed it as well?

Also I'm sure I read on here, one of our members mentioning the the front windows have already been treated.
Looks great Paul, Heard a lot of good reports on gtechniq products, the main one C1 is professional only though not something for an amateur to try, but I may consider the other products.

Evo, I think you may have read on my thread, I asked if anyone else's front side door windows were treated as mine definitely are! but not the back side or rear or windscreen!
Anyone know what products LR use?
(15-12-2011 06:32pm)Daigriff Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what products LR use?

None, the cars are prepped (sometimes) with whatever the local valeting place usees (often the cheapest) unless they have their own In-House valeters & that could be Autoglym, Autosmart or whatever is available.
(14-12-2011 11:26pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]That's brilliant, shame they are not nearer or have a southern branch.

Also I'm sure I read on here, one of our members mentioning the the front windows have already been treated.

Take a look on the Gtechniq website where they have a list of their authorised detailers all over the country.
Will do.Thumbs Up
(14-12-2011 11:26pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]That's brilliant, shame they are not nearer or have a southern branch.

i was putting a coating on my windows the other day, when i also noticed that the front windows already repel water, then i noticed a little water repel logo next to the rest of the text printed on the window. so yes it does seem that these front windows have had some sort of treatment or permanent coating on them.
Reference URL's