babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: dial shifter...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
I am considering purchasing an Evoque and would love to use it as it was intended. However, I have concerns with the reliability of the pop-up shifter. Is there any way to bypass it if it happens to fail for some reason? (I remember previewing the Jag XF with a similar unit and wondering the same thing, but I was not as concerned as that car usually stays close to civilization.) In the Evoque, if out on the trails, assistance could be very far away. I know it is still a new vehicle, so most people probably have no issue yet, but I am thinking worst case scenario here.

And what happens when the battery goes flat? Can it easily be put into N? I am thinking of towing or recovery situations, how would this work?
Thanks Exclamation
You can put it in neutral by turn the ignition on then hold the brake down while holding the right side of the manual shift lever. if your battery is dead our SOL Smile
The manual states in the event of total 'selector failure' (meaning it doesn't pop up), it can still be turned when lowered.
Though contrary to what the manual says, I'm sure someone on here said that didn't work?!
But the paddle method did (hold for 10 seconds).
buy the manual ? much more sportive to drive !?
I was not aware of the paddle method, so that alleviates some fears. But what if the battery is dead?

(14-12-2011 11:00am)jos Wrote: [ -> ]buy the manual ? much more sportive to drive !?

Not in the US Sad
If the battery is totally dead, i read on here there is an emergency lever on the gearbox to manually force it into neutral.
Batteries dont completely die the shifter method still should work. The shifter fault only works if it doesnt pop up and the car is running. I tried to move it will ignition was on and nothing.

(15-12-2011 01:48pm)RacingSnake Wrote: [ -> ]If the battery is totally dead, i read on here there is an emergency lever on the gearbox to manually force it into neutral.
Ive seen "totally dead" batteries on many a car!!!
But for the sake of pedantry... How about a more generic "electrical fault" preventing a response from the dial. Smile

For the op...
http://babyrr.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=555
Reference URL's