babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Tracker & Insurance!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bought my insurance online through a comparison site only to find that when the documents came through today that they insist on a traker being fitted or they will not cover me for theft or attempted theft! Nowhere on the site did I see that this was a requirement when I did the quote, I even ticked the box to say the vehicle has no tracker. So now I am stuck! I can cancel the insurance and just lose the days that I have been covered and get a refund or I look elsewhere which is where the problem begins.......... went back on web and looked at some others which again don't say online that you need a tracker fitted and decided to call them to confirm and they also require a traker fitted. My LR dealers can arrange for a traker to be fitted by an outside company (road radio) for £420 inc vat + a monitoring fee of £174 pa or £399 for 3 years.
I didn't really want the extra expense so what do I do.......... bite the bullet and get one fitted or look for an insurane company that doesn't require it if I can find one? Has anyone else had the same problem Banging Head
Landrover Insurance do not require a Tracker system to be fitted.
I think that Aviva does not require a tracker. You should also have a 30 day cancellation window.
I insured with Churchill last week and they never asked for tracker
Hi Caroline

I nearly got caught out with this.

I posted a thread to ask if anyone would be aware why the quotes received costed more with a fitted tracker than without. After reading your post I called the insurers, to be told that if I opted for the the cheaper quote, theft would not have been covered. When I complained that this was not made clear, I was told that if I had actually bought the insurance, this clause would have been clearly stated on the insurance website before I purchased. This is clearly not the case, given your experience. She did not seem to believe that reference to this had not been made on the comparison website.

Very misleading/confusing. I hope you get it all sorted soon.
Hi Caroline. I dont have my Evoque yet but I did talk to my insurers LV and received a quote from them which was extremely competitive. I asked if a tracker was required and was told catagorically that it was not. Might be worth giving them a go.
I'm hoping I haven't fell for that one. I've also bought through a comparison site but the documents haven't arrived yet (picking up car tomorrow), I'm hoping therefore that they don't have the same type of clause in there otherwise I'll have to cancel and start the process again (will be covered by LR temporary insurance in the meantime).
Which insurance company was it Caroline?
Completely unnecessary. Cancel and change to another if they insist. Im with kwik fit
I got a quote from LV and when I went to put it on risk I was told I needed a tracker - Caveat Emptor
I spoke with elephant no mention of a tracker, and they offer multiple car cover which worked out a lot cheaper than just insurance the Evoque on it's own Smile
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's