babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Your thoughts.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I was washing my car last Thursday and when I got to the windshield, I notice the driver side A Pillar was alittle loose near the top by the roof. I checked the passenger side and it was nice and tight. So I called my dealer's Service Manager and he said most likely a lose clip and although he's not in on Friday, to bring it in and one of the techs will take a look at it.

So I stop in Friday afternoon and explained and showed to the service advisor and the tech that the driver side A Pillar was loose near the top. I then showed him the passenger side was night and tight and no play. During that time, my salesman saw me and came to the service bay and I even showed him and my salesman even said...yeah...that is loose. So the tech, looked at both sides and then checked another brand new evoque that just arrived the dealership that was in the service bay for prep, went back to get the foreman. During that time, my salesman and I checked the new evoque in the service and and the A Pillar was also nice and tight. The foreman cam out, looked and it and told the service advisor it's fine.

When I got home, I checked the A pillar again and notice when you move it back and forth, the weatherstripping on the A pillar opens up and there is a gap between the weatherstripping and the windshield. My concern is during highway speed or when I'm washing the car, the A pillar can move and rain, water, snow and salt can go in between the A pillar and windshield causing possible rust over time.

I called Land Rover USA later that day and expained the situation. The lady was very nice advised she will call the dealer and will call back. Within 1/2 hour she called back and her attitude changed and said the foreman said it's not loose enough to fix it. I then asked her so if rain or water goes in between the weatherstripping on the A pillar and windshield becase the A pillar is slightly loose on top, rust won't occur correct? She wouldn't answer that and said nothing else she can do.

Just asking what you think if your car had something similar? Should I be concern with water entering the A Pillar and windshield? Your thoughts....thanks!

Here's a vid of the A Pillar being loose on top and you can see a gap when you move it back in forth because it's loose between the weatherstripping and the windshield. http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh211...larVid.mp4
I am not in the slightest qualified to comment, but I certainly would not be happy with this. Apart from water ingress surely there is a safety aspect to be considered.

Perhaps you could call or meet with the DP to raise a formal complaint, or ask to speak to a manager at LR as the rep you spoke with clearly took the foreman's word without question.

Good luck in getting this sorted asap.
Talk to the service manager or GM if that doesn't work. If you have another dealer close by I threaten to have all service work done there. Had something like that happen at my Lexus dealership and wouldn't fix it even after called corporate saying it was normal. Never went there for service. Service manager was fired 6 months later. Good luck
Agree with slee18 - few years ago I had a Merc and was told by local dealer at MOT that the brake discs needs replacing, after just 30 000 miles. Took the car to another dealer for a second opinion. There, the mechanic showed me in the workshop how far they were from needing replacing, and they lasted another two years.

Lesson was - if they don't make sense, get a second opinion at another garage.
Just watched your video and that definitely does not look right to me. Saying that it's "not loose enoug to fix it" sounds like an excuse to me. Do you have another LR dealer you can show it to? If not you may need to call your dealer principal.

You don't seem to be having much luck with this dealer after the badge, overspray and now this!
I wouldn't be happy with that ...
Seems like the Service part of your dealership are a bunch of idiots. (judging by your other posts as well).
I would take it to a different dealership and tell them you aren't satisfied with the way they do things at your current service center.
I'm sure it will be their pleasure to fix your car properly and acquire you as a new and returning customer.
I remember someone on here who reported water had got into the cabin and soaked the carpets but not sure what the cause was but there must be a chance that water could leak into your cabin given how loose the pillar is.

Defo ask to speak to the dealer principal as to me they are trying to fob you off.
Thanks guys....I thought I wasn't insane thinking this was normal. Laughing I figured I'd ask you guys before trying another dealer. Funny, you would think they would gladly fix it as their service department is dead (according to my salesman) and need the business even if it's warranty work.

There are a 4 other dealers I can try between 30 min to 1 hour away and so I'll try another one later this week. I thought I'll go to the dealer I bought the car from but if they don't want to fix it or the biz....I'll go somewhere else. Their loss. I was just suprised LR USA wouldn't help me more and sided with the dealer. At least say try another dealer or I'll have one of the regional reps when they're in the area take a look at your car once he/she is in the area. It seemed their policy (at least the lady I spoke too) was dealer is more important than the customer. Maybe she was upset when I asked her,"So if water goes in between the gap because it's loose, it wouldn't rust right?" She wasn't happy when I asked her that. Very Happy

Will let you know what the other dealer says. Cool
So I went to another dealer this morning and right away they advised that the A Pillar being loose is not right and ordered clips for the left side A pillar. Although it's alittle bit more of a drive (40 min), this dealer was recommended by my buddy who has his RRS SC service there. The clips should arrive within a few days. Cool
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's