babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 2 mpg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, you read it correctly. That's what the Si4 instantaneous consumption shows when you floor the accelerator from standstill.

It's a thirsty car or else I will be the first to be blamed when the world runs out of oil. Average MPG now showing 20.1.
Mark have you seen the 99.9mpg showing at idle lol?
I'm sure it's a display glitch, but it makes me chuckle! Where is the "Eco" in Ecoboost?

Diana (working on depleting the Canadian oil sands with her Car of the Year). Surprised
Yes, seen the 99.9, such is the stuff of dreams given the price of fuel here.

Have to say though, I took the car out today just to drive it, nowhere to go, no errands to run, that's what the Evoque does to you!
Welcome to the world of the petrol evoque averaging 21.9mpg around town myself,does put a smile on my face though when in sport mode then i look at the fuel indicator.
20.8 average now.
Please tell me it's more economical than your other cars, and besides you haven't run it in yet!!
Are the above fuel consuption figures representative of what is generally achieveable? If so I may change engine though I would rather not!
I think it probably is, have a look at this link http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Real-world-mpg
(09-12-2011 12:07am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]I think it probably is, have a look at this link http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Real-world-mpg

Sod that then. I was getting those figures with my MG ZT260SE-V8 & the sound from the exhausts from that warranted rubbish consumption but I can't justify those figures from a 2 litre without any throaty sound!
Full 4wd, a couple of tonnes and brick like shape... generally its what youd expect really, although I do hope it will improve as the engine loosens up. depends on your driving style and how much accel/decel you do, it looks pretty economical on long fast roads, but town driving stop/go certainly drinks it!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's