babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: LR experience.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So we are off on our LR experience half day tomorrow afternoon at Peckforton Castle. We will be driving an Evoque of some description. I'm excited but a little nervous too so I will ask Hubby to have a go first and see how we get on! Will try and take some photos whilst there.

Ali Smile
Have a good day! Look forward to hearing all about it......
Fun fun - yes let hubby try first! It reminds me of the time I attended a VW event and made my co-driver (race car experienced) "show me how it's done". After I returned my stomach and pancreas to their original locations I was ready to take the wheel of the GTI to show him a thing or two (how a hot hatch can be lady driven with elegance and without fear or major organ displacement haha!).

Have a super experience!
Enjoy! Will be booking mine soonish and really looking forward to it.

Do take photos, would love to see an evoque covered in mud ... I think that's probably the only photo missing from these forums Wink
Hi Ali

I'm booking mine shortly and will be going to Peckforton.

I believe you can take a maximum of three people ( including yourself) on the drIve so that's me and the daughters sorted, but is there anywhere there I can park swmbo In the warm with a cuppa?

Btw have a great time.
Wow, what a great day Very Happy

Welcomed with a cup of tea and brief health and safety talk. There were a few other people there who were going off in Discoveries etc but I had specifically requested the Evoque. We were introduced to our 'driver' Wayne who was fantastic from start to finish.

We started off on a small 'off road' area with humps, bumps, big ditches etc, Wayne drove around this course showing us exactly which 'settings' to use and buttons to press, we spent quite some time in this area, all very very interesting. As we were leaving Wayne spotted a valet parking guy from the castle who had a BMW Z4 stuck in some mud on the car park, so Wayne got a rope out and towed the Z4 out! Hilarious! We asked if this had been 'staged' for our visit Laughing

Hubby took over the driving at this point and we took the Evoque through forests etc, along muddy tracks with pot holes, ruts etc. Half way through this route I took over Shocked Really enjoyed the driving and it has really built my confidence up in terms of my own ability and also what the car is capable of.

We returned to the 'office' for another quick cup of tea, Hubby couldn't resist buying a remote control RRS Embarrassed

I would thoroughly recommend doing one of these 'experiences' if you get the chance. On this occasion we used a voucher that Hubby was given we he bought his RRS. I am really hoping to get another voucher when my car arrives and we will definately go again and probably take a RRS out next time.

Daigriff - there is a 'reception' area with tables/chairs and a couple of comfy sofas where your better half could wait but if you are going to be out for 3 hours I'm not sure it would be the best of places to wait? The reception/office is right in the ground of Peckforton Castle so perhaps there might be better facilities there for her? Might be worth googling? But if she is just looking for warm dry shelter, comfy sofa and a brew, she'll be fine! Take a book though!

I will try and attach some photos. We went out in the 5 door Prestige Silver, SD4 Auto, the other Evoque there was Ipanema Sand. Wayne said we were the first people he had taken out who had ordered the Si4, he seemed very happy for me?!?! He also said that he had heard that RR are bringing out a limited edition 300bhp Evoque in around a years time Shocked

Brilliant afternoon from start to finish Very Happy

Here goes with trying to attach some photos.

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520...nt=174.jpg

Hope the link works, there should be 6 pics to see.

Ali Very Happy
Nice photos - trust that woman to sneak into shot! Laughing
Glad you had a great time.

Thanks for the information.
Great write up and photos! Can't wait to do mine now, and will be begging for the Evoque. Smile
Hi.

We've just booked our half day at Dunkeld for January 7th. We did the course a few years ago when we got our D3, but just spent the whole time doing the offroad training as we'd already had the car a couple of months.

leveller - you should be able to reserve the Evoque when you book, though Dunkeld only have the Si4 auto. We would have liked to drive what we've ordered. Still, we're really looking forward to it.

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's