babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Heated Front Windscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love it!!

I am so impressed with how effective this is, I am amazed more manufacturers don't fit them.

We have had some heavy frosts recently and in less than 2 minutes it's clear and ready to go and it doesn't start to steam up when you start to drive off, as scraping off the ice can do, which is so much safer.

I, rather sadly, almost look forward to the frosty mornings at the moment.
(07-12-2011 06:41pm)Kwacka Wrote: [ -> ]I love it!!

I am so impressed with how effective this is, I am amazed more manufacturers don't fit them.

We have had some heavy frosts recently and in less than 2 minutes it's clear and ready to go and it doesn't start to steam up when you start to drive off, as scraping off the ice can do, which is so much safer.

I, rather sadly, almost look forward to the frosty mornings at the moment.

+1
Only (old) Ford group cars can use the technology.....i.e LR, Jaguar, Ford.....

After having it on my Kuga, I could simply not do without it now (seriously limiting my car choice!)
I seem to recall reading that they have a patent on that technology?
It's very efficient but I reckon it needs some time to get used to it.
During my test drive I was quite annoyed with all those lines, and once you start focusing on it, you're lost.
Must admit I have never had one, and I still won't have one as I refuse to pay thousands for pack just to get a heated windscreen.
I think it is brilliant - first had it on my old Mondeo estate.
Only trouble is I find that in fog I see the heater lines and makes the view difficult. Would not be without it though.
m x reg ford mondeo has a heated screen. its great.
My current FL2 has it, was only a £400 extra including heated washer jets, great investment and you do ignore the elements after a while.
Only Ford can have it & there former brands ie LR,Jaguar & even Mini somehow managed to have it for a few years due to they owning LR before Ford(very sneaky of BMW).

Without a doubt its the best thing Ford invented....EVER........apart from the car!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's