babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Roof rail/bar options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've had a set of LR roof rails on order for months and there's no sign of them showing up so I've been investigating alternatives to the ridiculously priced and unavailable LR offering (£540 RRP for the panoramic version in black or £618 if you need Silver with no pano roof!!!!)

So I've discovered that Thule seem to have two options:

Something that's in development according to the attached document - third tab mentions the Evoque

or... they have a Roof bar foot 754 with 1663 kit which doesn't need roof rails...

I've already got the right aero cross bars from my old car so the 754 foot may be a good option at £100 RRP plus the cross bars if you don't have them.

I think I read somewhere that Thule that makes the bars for LR anyway...
wbessada

I have two sea kayaks to carry and I want to buy an Evoque but there seems to be no solutions at this point.

The dealer has no clue.

I am curious to know if the cross bars from another LR will be common with the Evoque..at least in form. Obviously, the fit will be different..

Bob
(07-12-2011 01:09pm)goldenbob Wrote: [ -> ]wbessada

I have two sea kayaks to carry and I want to buy an Evoque but there seems to be no solutions at this point.

The dealer has no clue.

I am curious to know if the cross bars from another LR will be common with the Evoque..at least in form. Obviously, the fit will be different..

Bob

Bob, yes I'm struggling to find anything available at this time.

The cross bars from Thule will fit with the correct foot pack - 754 without the roof rails or 775 with roof rails.
Duckworth Parts (site sponsor) are doing the roof rails at £315.00 for the silver and £310 for the black, I ordered my ski rack from them last week and it came within a few days...

Im using my Pro-Rack Whipbars from my C63 Estate as they fit nicely between the roof rails, Thule do a rail clamping system also thats affordable but I do like the low profile of the whispbar. Its certainly an improvement on the LR system that adds about 4 inches to the height of the vehicle prior to any other fitment.

Roofbox.co.uk sell them in the UK.

The distances between the rails on Evoque are:

Front: inner 110 cm (43,3 in) and outer 118 cm (46,5 in)
Back: inner 106 cm (41,7 in) and outer 114 cm (44,9 in)

(All courtesy of JiiPee I might add!)

Hope this helps!!
(07-12-2011 01:33pm)Gthornton Wrote: [ -> ]Duckworth Parts (site sponsor) are doing the roof rails at £315.00 for the silver and £310 for the black, I ordered my ski rack from them last week and it came within a few days...

Im using my Pro-Rack Whipbars from my C63 Estate as they fit nicely between the roof rails, Thule do a rail clamping system also thats affordable but I do like the low profile of the whispbar. Its certainly an improvement on the LR system that adds about 4 inches to the height of the vehicle prior to any other fitment.

Roofbox.co.uk sell them in the UK.

The distances between the rails on Evoque are:

Front: inner 110 cm (43,3 in) and outer 118 cm (46,5 in)
Back: inner 106 cm (41,7 in) and outer 114 cm (44,9 in)

(All courtesy of JiiPee I might add!)

Hope this helps!!

Have you been able to buy the roof rails?

I've had an order in with Duckworths for months and eventually got a refund as LR couldn't supply! By the way those prices don't include the finishing kit that is required.
Ahhhh, no then.

However JiiPee who has just taken order of an Evoque and got rails.

I'll check with my dealer on the situation as I ordered mine with my car back in June and its due in the next week or so....
(07-12-2011 03:07pm)Gthornton Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhhh, no then.

However JiiPee who has just taken order of an Evoque and got rails.

I'll check with my dealer on the situation as I ordered mine with my car back in June and its due in the next week or so....

Nick who is the parts manager at Yeovil Land Rover told me he got one set in each colour a week or so ago and they were pre-sold too.

I'm thinking that as its only for occasional use I'll go with the Thule solution and re-use the Aerobar I've already got.
Indeed I got the rails. They were dealer fitted back home in Finland. Rails are fairly common feature in nordic cars, people ski a lot so roofboxes are used a lot. That is possibly why my dealer had looked ahead and (pre)ordered loads of rails for them to fit. ( maybe thats where they all are now...)

I might rub it in by saying that i got the rails about half price because i specced them on my pre-order back in march. Those days the rails were meant to be factory fit. Around summer they changed to be a dealer fitted option and the price doubled. I have to praise my dealer for not charging me the difference!
Jiipee

would you mind taking a picture of the rails ?

I am curious to get a sideview of the damned things.. I am looking at the picture of the white Evoque with the bike on the LR site but it is not a very close view..

Are there any special grooves or something in there or a simple Thule 757 attachment system would work ?

i want a secure and solid system and not break the paint.

Thanks, at least I have some hope now.

Bob
Wow they have accessories readily available here. Maybe order through a American distrubutor.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's