babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Tyre size for Style 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All, may end of being a non-issue when I finally receive my Evoque after this winters snow has gone Evil

simple question, what size of tyres will fit on the 20" style 6 rims... I understand they are shipped with 245/45/20, however there is a distinct lack of winter tyres in this size and currently they are difficult to get hold of. Is it possible to fit a slightly wider tyre on the same rim...or with a deeper/shorter sidewall... if so what are the limitations (e.g. too much deviation in sidewall will either not fit or cause speedo and maybe even gearing errors?)

Thanks,
I'd dare to suggest that you would, ideally, need to find another set of wheels in 17 or 18" size - its the rolling diameter of the fitted tyre that effects the speedo readings rather than the wheel itself.

Wider tyres are actually a disadvantage on snow - narrower tyres give better grip.....
Good topic, but forgetting snow tyres for snow reasons for just a second, the second part of the question is an interesting one (increasing tyre sidewall height on 20inch rims,thus overall wheel diameter), so can someone with a technical background or anyone that knows, please confirm wether or not it would affect the automatic gearing, ABS ,or traction control in any way?
We know it obviously affects the speedo, and for example....if the sidewall height is increased by 15-20mm,an accurate speedo would read approximately 5% less then the actual speed being traveled.
So the question is...would this modest increase in sidewall height, create any technical running problems, in any area of the car, other then the speedo reading?
Reference URL's