babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: The Evoque vs The LRX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have always wanted to know what were the differences between the Evoque and the LRX. Does the Evoque addicts, fanboy/girl know? Visually? Power? Equipment-wise? Dimensions? Tyre sizes?

Lemme start - the very obvious - Wing Mirrors. The LRX had really cool slim ones.
The LRX was produced on time! Laughing
Hi,
on a interview of Gerry McGovern :
Quote:Généralement entre un concept, car et un modèle de série, il y a pas mal de modifications qui affadissent le concept d’origine Comment avez vous fait pour conserver quasiment intact le design du concept LRX sur l’Evoque de série?
Nous étions convaincus de la « justesse » du design et nous nous sommes battus pour le conserver en l’état. En fait, à part les poignées de porte extérieures, la taille des rétroviseurs et la hauteur du capot avant, tout est identique au LRX. C’est effectivement très rare dans l’industrie automobile de transposer tel quel un concept en un modèle de série. Nous avons réussi du fait de la parfaite entente entre les ingénieurs et les designers.

- taille des rétroviseurs
- hauteur du capot avant
- poignées de porte extérieures

Sorry, i can't translate Wink
(04-12-2011 02:48pm)item Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
on a interview of Gerry McGovern :

- taille des rétroviseurs
- hauteur du capot avant
- poignées de porte extérieures

Sorry, i can't translate Wink

Usually between one concept, and as a production model, there are a lot of changes that fade the original concept How did you do to keep almost intact the design of the LRX concept evokes the series?
We were convinced of the "rightness" of design and we fought to keep it as is. In fact, apart from the exterior door handles, mirrors the size and height of the front cover, everything is identical to the LRX. It's actually very rare in the automotive industry as it is to translate a concept into a production model. We succeeded because of the perfect understanding between engineers and designers.

- Size of the mirrors
- Height of the front cover
- Exterior door handles
Visually there isn't much if looking at photos but land rover don't allow journalists to get photos of the lrx and evoque together. There is subtle changes made to make the car road legal that have been listed in the above post. As for engines the lrx was supposed to have diesel/electric drive using land rovers ERAD technology (electric rear axle drive) with a 2.0 diesel engine. Was lucky enough to get the lrx brochure from the Detroit motor show where the lrx was unveiled back in 2008.
The Evoque has an extra vent running across the front between the headlights compared to the LRX, presumably to aid cooling. Even so, the Evoque is remarkably true to the concept. How many concepts had you seen and got excited about only to see the real thing a watered down facsimile.
I was browsing some of the pictures of the LRX interior, and it seemed to have 2 full sports seats at the back - hence dimensionally it's slightly longer? And the engine bonnet seems to be slightly longer - indicating a bigger engine? The Style 6/7 design wheels are slightly concave, wearing wider rubbers...wonder if it was shod with 21" or 22" then? The LRX also seems to have a 'flatter' stance whilst the Evoque has a 'pouncing' stance - indicating the LRX could have been wider? Oh and it had a similar tailgate like most Range Rovers - split tail gate?

Yeah it would be interesting to see the two side-by-side....

Sorry if this thread seemed useless, I'm one of those Evoque addicts....just wanting to know as much info as I can on this lovely car.
Reference URL's