babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Keyless Entry Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Firstly if this has been discussed previously apologies!

Now for all you luck so-and-so's who have their cars I was wondering if you could clear up a keyless entry question:

If Im in my house, the car is on the drive and the keys are say 3-4m away in the house can someone open the door and start the engine?

Im sure it would shut off one the key is out of range but just wondered if this is possible or if there is a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!!
(04-12-2011 12:53pm)Gthornton Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly if this has been discussed previously apologies!

Now for all you luck so-and-so's who have their cars I was wondering if you could clear up a keyless entry question:

If Im in my house, the car is on the drive and the keys are say 3-4m away in the house can someone open the door and start the engine?

Im sure it would shut off one the key is out of range but just wondered if this is possible or if there is a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!!

I read in the drivers manual online that the key needs to be within 3-4feet of the car.

Hope this helps Smile
(04-12-2011 01:03pm)deebabe2004 Wrote: [ -> ]I read in the drivers manual online that the key needs to be within 3-4feet of the car.

Hope this helps Smile

No key has to be inside the car
@stevehill - how can key be in the car to activate the keyless entry ?! How do I get in in the first place.
3-4 mtrs away means you can open the doors
It will not start unless key is inside the car
hope that helps
@stevehill - apologies, I fired off a sarcastic comment without fully reading the post (just read the title). Embarrassed
(04-12-2011 01:40pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]@stevehill - how can key be in the car to activate the keyless entry ?! How do I get in in the first place.

keyless entry means you can gain entry by touching the doorhandles without using a key or remote
but unless the key is inside it will not start
You might all want to look at this link.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-GET-KEYLESS-ENTRY
(04-12-2011 06:39pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]You might all want to look at this link.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-GET-KEYLESS-ENTRY

Yes read it but why is the guy opening the car with the key?
idea of keyless entry is put it in your pocket /handbag forget it
you do not need to touch the key to open lock or start
If its on the two stage lock then you have to use the fob if you have passengers,unless you walk to the passenger side first to open the door then back to the drivers side to let yourself in.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's