babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Started snowing outside!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First snow has arrived at home tonight....wish my Evoque had arrived. Quite heavy! Just hope the build takes place next week.
I live 1000 ft above sea level, no doubt it will snow tomorrow here. As no evoque yet i recon the vx220 will be fun in the snow!
Just rain here in Edinburgh but pretty cold so I don't think the snow is that far away.

When I placed my order in August I was told to expect delivery in December which I thought was ideal given the snow last winter but nothing as bad as up your way IKM
(04-12-2011 12:09am)PAT Wrote: [ -> ]Just rain here in Edinburgh but pretty cold so I don't think the snow is that far away.

When I placed my order in August I was told to expect delivery in December which I thought was ideal given the snow last winter but nothing as bad as up your way IKM
Planning a trip to Dundee tomorrow, but we'll see what the weather's like first. I guess that's it until March. Can't beat a land rover!
Light covering of snow on the roads here - hardly enough to test my pirelli ice and snows yet Wink
Same in Edinburgh this morning - first venture out today from Edinburgh to Glasgow and back in mildly wintry weather - the car (standard 20" wheels and tyres) was surefooted and felt safe the whole way there and back - bodes well.
Was in Perthshire today - quite a bit more snow although the main roads were impressively clear. Car continues to impress even on untreated back roads and even accelerating while turning in an empty car park didn't faze it. Very pleased so far.

One comment is that it seems able to empty the windscreen washer bottle in a single trip - the combined headlight and windscreen wash must work through a fair few ml, although the headlight washers are more intermittent... The windscreen washers seem set up to dispense a set amount of wash, even with just a quick flick - has anyone else experienced this?
Only used the wash once so far, but yes it dispenses a set amount.
Exclamation CAUTION Embarrassed
Light snow and some frost- rear windscreen wiper snapped off at plastic base. I have NEVER encountered this with any car even with heavier snow deposits (which I know theoretically you should clear first)
Was pretty annoyed having to go back to dealer for repair within 4 days of collecting car.
Examination of said part shows it to be extremely flimsy. To my surprise they had the spare part to replace. "not covered by warranty" so had to pay up. I suggested they were likely to have a number of people presenting with similar.....
4 days ! - I would have been arguing that one whatever they might say!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's