babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: eD4 review on what car website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
3* review isn't a great recommendation but I'm sure it fits a certain niche albeit I feel 2 WD isn't a road LR should push.
Averages up to "58 MPG" oh hahahahahahaha! I'm not really the cynical type but I think the only time this might be seen is if you start the car then proceed to only drive down a mountain road.
Almost a good article, until you read the last line, try £1800 more for a 190PS model (with 4wd), and the photo is a library one of an autocar test in June. Clearly the LR publicicty machine is working well to create more orders when customers can't even get the cars they have been waiting for for months.

I have no problems with a 2wd evoque (makes alot of sense in many ways) but think I will reserve judgement on its abilities until i see a proper road test and photos of an actual 2wd carConfused
@BFG - I read it to say "£1k more to get 4wd and a further £1k to get up to the 190."

Anyhow, IMO, still can't see that a 2wd is a good idea for RR apart from emissions across the range.
(02-12-2011 08:35am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]@BFG - I read it to say "£1k more to get 4wd and a further £1k to get up to the 190."

Anyhow, IMO, still can't see that a 2wd is a good idea for RR apart from emissions across the range.

Aplogies, where apologies due; however, I stand by the rest!
I note its one of the more realistic, objective reviews of the Evoque I've read - those door mirrors are kinda large - was the designer from a truck manufacturer? Very Happy
Posted the Autocar review in a diff thread
Straydox have you seen this review - I think this is the first time I've seen Mauritius on something other than a dynamic

http://www.carenthusiast.com/reviews/art...otype.html

Looks good, and a better review for the ed4, shame we can't get the Dynamic ed4
"First Drive: Range Rover Evoque 2WD
It's expected that the majority of Evoque buyers will go for the cheaper, more efficient front-wheel drive version. Does it hack it? "

Damn. Just when I was feeling positive about production and deliveries and this comes along.

Is that going to push my order back, I hope not, get to the back of the queue 2wd buyers.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's