babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Damage to the aluminium centre console!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Has anyone else managed to dent the brushed aluminium centre console with their seatbelt clip as many times as I have!!!!!!!!!!!

I must have about 6 or 7 small dents or scratches on the drivers side of the console where I keep catching it. Bit of a pig, but I have tried to be mega careful, but the habit of swinging my seatbelt around for the past 3 years in a Kuga seems hard to stop!

Not worth doing anything about at the minute as I am sure that the damage will get worse, but I was wondering if anyone else is as stupid as me!!!!!!

Also, does anyone know if this is a simple clip or screw on part (for future replacement)?
err...no.....how do u manage it?
The seat seems quite narrow and the console seems to be quite wide, so I feel as though the seatbelt clips in just under my left hip?

Bit gutted really as I know it is likely to get worse as time goes on?
I'm careful now, but noticed this could be a problem the first day I got it
Yup, I've got 3 or 4 dents. I noticed them the other day cause
i often get in the car while in a rush and a throw my seatbelt quickly around me.

I am not a fan of the aluminum trim in the dynamic. It's the only thing i really don't like about the car.
I may wrap it or have a carbon fibre trim made anyway!
Vc, glad it's not just me!

I think as time goes on there will very likely be more than just yourself and I that are having this problem. I know aluminium is quite a soft metal, but you only have to tap it slightly for it it leave a dent.
It's interesting that there are now a handful of reports that the interior - for all its blingness - is not very durable. Aluminium is indeed very soft and seat belt buckles are hardened steel. The cost of replacements (looked at the Dynamic) is £65 a side, looks easy to fit. The basic ones are £60 and the wood £75.

Further, the cost of the centre console panel itself is also £65 and the cost of the black roller shutter part is £55. Not large (you should see Ferrari parts prices) but annoying if they are easily cosmetically damaged. Best to warn any MSO in case it leads to any domestics...

(02-12-2011 03:23am)vcruiser Wrote: [ -> ]I may wrap it or have a carbon fibre trim made anyway!

Not sure wrapping is going to help much, the seat belt buckle will still damage it.
I cannot believe people are so careless. I just grasp the seatbelt, slide my had down to the buckle as I pull it across and guide the buckle into the slot. Simple - and no chucking it around!
Mark, can you share where you got the prices for these components? Issit from a catalogue somewhere?
It's not a fault with the car it's the careless person using the seatbelt. No need to throw the seatbelt around you unless you are doing a bank job, then it may be a problem. Laughing
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's