babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: November Order Calling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone know if JLR opend the Order Call either yesterday or will today?....I read from a Dealer posting on here, that it was expected.

If they did, I will start hounding my dealer to find out if my order was picked.

Cheers
I think you will find that publicly they did not, but appear to be focusing on the December build especially before the Xmas break.

However, a number of members on here have had the unexpected call from their dealer to say their car has been built.

Can but but just live in hope.
This was posted on 28th November at 6pm :

"As you can appreciate, LR are playing catch-up with the delay, however I believe that the next order call will open tomorrow/Wednesday. Looking at planned production, it is being pulled forward as much as possible, therefore early Jan build slots may be the ones that surprise."

I did read before that they would concentrate on Dec production, but as you said...we live in hope....at the least JLR take my order Smile
My dealer tried to explain this to me, but as I'm in a queue that stretches into 2012 I gave up listening.

Fingers crossed for you. Oh and looking at my post count I appear to be about 400 posts away from collection.
(30-11-2011 10:30am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Fingers crossed for you. Oh and looking at my post count I appear to be about 400 posts away from collection.

That sounds about right to me Smile
Apparently yes.
I received the dreaded call from my dealership today to advise that my build slot has been delayed to January, instead of December.

I was told that that the dealership allocation received this morning was for 6 vehicles only, leaving myself and 21 other customers without December build slots. I am apparently number 10 on the now January list, so in the event that the dealership allocation is less than this, build would be further delayed. I was however assured that this would not be the case, and that JLR had assured the dealership that they would receive their full January allocation. Confused??: To be continued .........
That doesnt sound good, alledgedly i was 3/4 on the list at my dealer so hopefully mine will have made the list. Still waiting to hear though.

Assuming the call is open to td4 models too!
(30-11-2011 06:49pm)LDT Wrote: [ -> ]I received the dreaded call from my dealership today to advise that my build slot has been delayed to January, instead of December.

I was told that that the dealership allocation received this morning was for 6 vehicles only, leaving myself and 21 other customers without December build slots. I am apparently number 10 on the now January list, so in the event that the dealership allocation is less than this, build would be further delayed. I was however assured that this would not be the case, and that JLR had assured the dealership that they would receive their full January allocation. Confused??: To be continued .........

This could quite possibly be due to the xmas closure.

I'd like to think that with some of the surprises that took place this month that there might be more next month.

As some of our members have said the company will look a lot better if you get an unexpected early delivery, keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks for that Evo-king! I had been expecting a call from the dealership today or tomorrow (I was advised last week that the orders would be called today or tomorrow) but was not at all surprised that there is a delay. I hope I and many others will be pleasantly surprised, but I cannot grumble as there are so many others who have suffered much longer delays.

I will grumble if the the January build is delayed though!
(30-11-2011 06:58pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]That doesnt sound good, alledgedly i was 3/4 on the list at my dealer so hopefully mine will have made the list. Still waiting to hear though.

Assuming the call is open to td4 models too!

Let's hope you hear very soon. I am lucky in that my dealership call when there is any news, when they say they will, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's