babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Humming Noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I notice this humming noise coming from the back of the car when driving since the 2nd day I got it. Today, I somewhat pinpoint when it happens. When I'm coasting around 40mph, then I press alittle gas I hear the humming/buzzing noise from the rear. Louder during uphill. Just curious if anyone else have this. I'm suppose to bring it in this Thursday becuase when the dealer removed their advertisement sticker in the back on Saturday, there were 3 gouges behind the sticker and so they will have someone airbrush/touchup those gouges. Mad

Thought I'd check the forum if anyone had this problem and had a fix before I go in later this week.

Thanks! Cool
It's not the fuel pump issit? Normally that's my first suspect when I hear a humming/buzzing sound from the rear.
Tyres? Heard rear tyres on 20" rims quite loudly from back seats during test drive
Thanks guys....so I stop by the dealer this afternoon as my aluminum pedals, rubber floor mats for the boot and black dynamic grill came in and so while I was there I had one of the techs ride with me. Of course, it never happened when the tech was with me on the test drive but on the way home it happened again....coasting around 39-40mph and then just giving alittle gas and I hear this low humming almost like a dronning noise. It seems it happens more during an uphill. Maybe I need a X-Pipe to get rid of it. Laughing

The tech said he'll look at it again on Friday (carnica will be at the dealer) when I drop it off for the airbrushing and also it might just need to break in for a few thousand miles.

BTW...mine came with 19" wheels.
Own a dynamic SD4 coupe auto. It has made an awful Grinding noise from rear from new. Been back into dealer for a day, no fault found. I don't think it's right and will return it again in new year. It sounds like a diff problem to me. Spoils an otherwise great car
Just turn up those 825 watts of the Meridian Surround System and you won't hear any more humming.
(03-01-2012 12:42am)ApeelinZ Wrote: [ -> ]Just turn up those 825 watts of the Meridian Surround System and you won't hear any more humming.

Laughing

Have you decided what your going to get yet?
(03-01-2012 06:49am)LIONHEAD Wrote: [ -> ]Laughing

Have you decided what your going to get yet?

Well, as long as no other Evoques catch fire or have weird humming noises Very Happy then I am probably going to go an Orkney Grey Dynamic with Ebony Interior and headliner, Adaptive Dynamics, and Climate package. Probably will stick with the standard 19" wheels as they are probably lighter and the sidewall can handle Chicago potholes better Laughing than the 20". Could always buy a set of 20" wheels later for summer driving.

I am going to the Detroit Autoshow next week to see if anything else catches my eye. I should have things narrowed down after Jan. 15th.
Good to hear....are you planning on the 3 door or 5 door if you get one? I haven't heard the humming noise for 5 days now because the car has been at the dealer since Wednesday.....Laughing They were fixing my A Pillar and found out they needed another part other than clips. The other part is suppose to arrive tomorrow or Thursday and so they gave me a Jeep for a loaner. The humming noise has died down or I'm getting use to it and haven't paid too much attention.
(03-01-2012 08:01pm)LIONHEAD Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear....are you planning on the 3 door or 5 door if you get one? I haven't heard the humming noise for 5 days now because the car has been at the dealer since Wednesday.....Laughing They were fixing my A Pillar and found out they needed another part other than clips. The other part is suppose to arrive tomorrow or Thursday and so they gave me a Jeep for a loaner. The humming noise has died down or I'm getting use to it and haven't paid too much attention.

Definately would be a 5 door. Much more practical. That front seat takes way too long to move forward. Making someone wait in the rain until you move the seat up and then they have to squeeze in is rediculous. Also, that extra 1.6" of head room in the back is nice.

What kind of Jeep did they loan you? A Cherokee? I was looking at the Cherokee Limited before...I just wish it got better gas mileage and was alittle quicker. (I know there is an SRT-8 but it's gas milage is even worse)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's