babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Building without lights......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a few delays and the latest Build date of the 13th Jan & Delivery date the end of Jan, I rang my dealer today asking him to add the lux pack to my order. He then rang back to say that it couldn't because my car was in build and couldn't be altered. He was told it is being built without the lights and then they will be fitted later....kinda hoping they do that before they ship it to the dealer Laughing

Great news it 'might' come earlier Smile

Sad news no Lux Pack Sad

Anybody else had similar information?
Unlucky not to get the Lux pack.

Regarding building without lights. Several people have posted comments previously that they have been to the factory on visits and have seen cars built and parked up without lights fitted. Then fitting seem to happen in a temporary "tent" before shipment.
Interesting - I've passed a couple of car transporters on the motorway today and both had Dynamic's with the right hand rear exhaust pipe missing. When I saw the 1st one I thought it was loading damage because there seemed to be a lower part of the pipe aperture hanging down and then saw the 2nd in exactly the same state and concluded that the vehicle's were being shipped with the part missing.

Fuji white is a popular colour - they were all white.
(28-11-2011 05:44pm)Straydox Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting - I've passed a couple of car transporters on the motorway today and both had Dynamic's with the right hand rear exhaust pipe missing. When I saw the 1st one I thought it was loading damage because there seemed to be a lower part of the pipe aperture hanging down and then saw the 2nd in exactly the same state and concluded that the vehicle's were being shipped with the part missing.

It's just the cover that is removed not the exhaust - they are shipped that way because of the location of the strap mount to avoid any damage to the trim.
Yep its where the towing eye is situated. End of that conspiracy theory Laughing Wink
(28-11-2011 06:06pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]Yep its where the towing eye is situated. End of that conspiracy theory Laughing Wink

Yup that should do it well....thanks
(28-11-2011 05:44pm)Straydox Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting - I've passed a couple of car transporters on the motorway today and both had Dynamic's with the right hand rear exhaust pipe missing. When I saw the 1st one I thought it was loading damage because there seemed to be a lower part of the pipe aperture hanging down and then saw the 2nd in exactly the same state and concluded that the vehicle's were being shipped with the part missing.

Thats the tow eye cover, they're kept off front and rear incase battery gets flat.

Ooops posted above!
(28-11-2011 05:35pm)xxxx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Unlucky not to get the Lux pack.

Regarding building without lights. Several people have posted comments previously that they have been to the factory on visits and have seen cars built and parked up without lights fitted. Then fitting seem to happen in a temporary "tent" before shipment.

Thanks xxxx5
Still no xenons then. Laughing
Reference URL's