babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Closeup of Sumatra Black Paint!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those of you who are wondering about the different black variants for the evoque, here's a pic with flash that i took that shows all the different sparkles included in the paint!

There is a lot of purple, blue, yellow, and even green.

[attachment=780]
Have you got a scratch on it? Surprised
(28-11-2011 10:22am)RacingSnake Wrote: [ -> ]Have you got a scratch on it? Surprised

haha, no, that would a cat hair that was floating around!
I thought the Sumatra black was silver flecks and the multi coloured specks is the Santorini Black
That looks distinctively like Santorini. I support Sumatra was supposed to be a 'lesser' paint - it used to be only on the Freelander. Santorini looks very very similar to that.
Any pics of the whole car?
(28-11-2011 03:17pm)SilverTT Wrote: [ -> ]Any pics of the whole car?

In my thread on the ''My Range Rover Evoque'' section!
(28-11-2011 12:29am)vcruiser Wrote: [ -> ]For those of you who are wondering about the different black variants for the evoque, here's a pic with flash that i took that shows all the different sparkles included in the paint!

There is a lot of purple, blue, yellow, and even green.

Will see mine "Sumatra" after tomorrow in real Tongue Out
I went to a dealer on Sat..and asked about Sumatra Black, and was told that cars from 2012 will be Santorini Black...as I pray I will be getting mine at the end of Jan...I guess it will be Santorini Black?

I heard that they changed due to the disaster in Japan, and thats where the factory for the paint was coming from.

Anyone else hear that?
@bbc - don't take this wrong way as I really don't mean anything by it, but search japan or earthquake Android check out all the posts from about 6 months ago.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's