babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Lux Pack Confession...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, it's time for me to confess...I didn't really see the value of the options in the Lux Pack but I bought it because I like to buy the best if I can afford it...even though I thought it was a total waste of money...

Here's what you get and what I thought:

1. Powered Tailgate: thought it would be too slow and really irritating
2. Panoramic Roof: I wanted this, but it was only £400 anyway
3. 825w Sound System: Listen to Talksport more than music, so fairly pointless for me
4. Dual View Touchscreen: My other half is never likely to watch a movie or the TV whilst we are on the move
5. Analogue and Digital TV: Never once used it on my FFRR
6. Auto Dimming Mirror: About as pointless as it gets!
7. Surround Camera System: Gimmick gimmick gimmick
8. Blind Spot monitoring: Managed for 20 years without it...and can there be a blind spot with those mirrors?
9. Keyless Entry: Never liked not having anywhere to put the keys
10. Park Assist: I'm a man so don't need it! (not saying women do, just that as a man I have an ego!)
11. Climate Control: Never yet had it where it works genuinly well!

So...I spent £4,325 for a load of stuff that I didn't need, and some stuff I would prefer not to have!! Just so that I could have the best...yes, I have issues!!! Smile

But...having driven nearly a thousand miles in the Evoque, I have a very very different perspective!

1. Powered Tailgate: brilliant and really useful...not at all too slow...love it
2. Panoramic Roof: This was always going to be good...and is of course
3. 825w Sound System: Listen to music more than TalkSport now...the system is incredible
4. Dual View Touchscreen: Other half watched Bad Boys the other day on a 2hr journey and loved it!
5. Analogue and Digital TV: Used it whilst watch GP Practice yesterday...Digital TV makes all the difference
6. Auto Dimming Mirror: Still pointless in my view
7. Surround Camera System: Enabled me to avoid bollards the other day which would have been impossible without the camera's...got me into a parking space everyone else had stayed clear of!
8. Blind Spot monitoring: I rather like this...still not sure I need it...but still like it
9. Keyless Entry: I didn't know that keyless start/stop was standard...that would have really annoyed me...all the pain of nowhere to put the keys, with none of the benefit! Really glad I have keyless entry
10. Park Assist: Still don't need it (obviously!) but used it today and it was faultless. The best thing, even if you don't complete the auto park, it's really useful to let you know if a space is big enough before manually parking. Really really impressed with it today.
11. Climate Control: Genuinly works well...really surprised.

So...in summary...I love the Lux Pack and have completely changed my view about it...the car is still great without it, but if you can afford it, I really would recommend it.
And the pano roof is £790 now too and when they put the price up they left the lux pack price unchanged, so it becomes even better value, if you like your gadgets...
Hmm I didn't go for it as I too felt I wouldn't use/need most of the items. Too late now for me but I suppose what I dont have won't be missed...I just ordered a couple of extras separately.
Glad you are enjoying them Token
Daigriff...although I love the toys and really would recommend them, the car is so good that you won't care if there are some toys missing...you are going to love it!
got the lux pack too, though some of the stuff I didn't want....like the pano roof...but love it al and really glad I did get it. The dual view will never be used, as I never have passengers, but the rest is brill.
I've ordered the lux pack too.

I might be shallow but I consider all of its gadgetiness absolutely essential for showing people Smile
A very informative and interesting post!!
I didn't have that option, not available on the pure.
Great posting, very thoughtful of you to discuss the lux pack. Thanks!
+1
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's