babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: My TD4 order which is now a SD4!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rang the dealer today to understand progress (weekly call). To be informed that the car that is actually being build is a SD4 not a TD4 that I ordered. All very strange, dealer thinks I changed my mind which I never. I guess the upside is I might get the car sooner (TD4 are being delayed) and I get twin tailpipes Laughing
Does this affect the cost?
Not sure yet. Need to do some checking.
So obvious question. what does the paperwork say?
Tell me about the td4 delays then please ?
Order form says SD4, finance forms say TD4 (which I hadn't spotted)

Regarding TD4, my dealer says that he believes that the factory are now clearing down all back log orders of SD4, before they start the production run of TD4. Dealer believed if my car was a TD4 I wouldn't get it before March.
Hmm, if my dealer tells me no car before march more shall be getting cancelled. If this was the case I would have expected to at least have had a call and an opportunity to change to sd4. Of course this all assumes the td4 info re delays is correct.
(25-11-2011 09:37pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, if my dealer tells me no car before march more shall be getting cancelled. If this was the case I would have expected to at least have had a call and an opportunity to change to sd4. Of course this all assumes the td4 info re delays is correct.
Agree, not sure that dealers really understand what's going on. I haven't received any news of my Sd4 moving any faster!
My one is still on track for January. I don't see how they can be delayed it is the same engine de tuned to 150hp.
Well I didn't reckon on you having conflicting paperwork. A bit of a dilemma me thinks. If can 't be sorted then perhaps it might be better to have the mistake that way round. Hope you get it sorted.
Reference URL's