babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Random Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just checked on the LR website at the dimensions for the Evoque, specifically the width.
The width with mirrors unfolded is quoted as 2125mm or 83.66inches (very nearly 7 foot wide) and with them folded it's quoted as 1965mm or 77.36inches. For all the Brits out there does that mean that we can only drive in the 6'6" width restricted lanes in roadworks with the mirrors folded?
Up this end off the country most roadworks are about 8 foot wide, 6 foot dosen't leave much room for most cars.

According to the guidelines for motorway road works it states standard lane width is 3.65mtrs wide and should be redueced to 3.25mtrs due to nature of vehicles that are expected to use the road at an absolute minimum 3.00mtrs if space is at a premium.
so are you saying that this width restriction sign
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&a...alNumber=1]
Is un-enforceable?

Could a clued up plod ticket you for driving an evoque in a lane displaying this sign?

The current roadworks on the M62 between Huddersfield and Leeds carry this sign for the third lane. I've also seen it many other times around road works.
Regarding the M62 there has been an order put in place to restrict the width of vehicles below that of normal roadworks. It is a temporary restriction and prohibition of traffic made on 27th of October 2011 coming Into force 6th November 2011. So yes if the evoque is over 6'6" then it is prohibited from using that lane.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/...663_en.pdf
I'm sure here that if a width restriction sign is in place we have to obey it. The Evoque is over 6'6 wide. If you fold the mirrors I'm pretty sure you would open yourself up a ticket. Any Police on here who could confirm?
(25-11-2011 03:04pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure here that if a width restriction sign is in place we have to obey it. The Evoque is over 6'6 wide. If you fold the mirrors I'm pretty sure you would open yourself up a ticket. Any Police on here who could confirm?

You're right, just like lights, even non standard additional ones, if they are fitted they must be working, which means in the case of folding mirrors, they must be capable of being viewed appropriately. That said I think it would be very harsh if anyone was actually reported.
(25-11-2011 11:32am)mywillia Wrote: [ -> ]I've just checked on the LR website at the dimensions for the Evoque, specifically the width.
The width with mirrors unfolded is quoted as 2125mm or 83.66inches (very nearly 7 foot wide) and with them folded it's quoted as 1965mm or 77.36inches. For all the Brits out there does that mean that we can only drive in the 6'6" width restricted lanes in roadworks with the mirrors folded?

Thanks for that was meaning to look that up as I have to drive through a road and they put the restricted lanes in.
So that would also stop FFRR, RRS and Freelander 2 drivers from using the road ... and any other large SUV. Seems odd!
(25-11-2011 04:07pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]So that would also stop FFRR, RRS and Freelander 2 drivers from using the road ... and any other large SUV. Seems odd!

It is just the third lane. I assume that it is in place to protect the work force.
(25-11-2011 04:07pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]So that would also stop FFRR, RRS and Freelander 2 drivers from using the road ... and any other large SUV. Seems odd!

Oops!!. I've been driving that section of the M62 for weeks and using the outside lane in the RRS
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's