babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How much has your delayed RRE cost you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All

Like many people on the forum I have a delay of around 4 weeks for delivery, so it should have been a 2 weeks ago, and the proposed new date is 9th December, about a month longer.

So I have kept my existing car, and last week I accidentally drove the front (which is quite low) over the top of a kerb, just scraping it slightly. Next morning a big puddle of water under the car, and so it had to be recovered to the garage.

The total cost of all repairs, VAT etc worked out about £700, I had caught the rad, and damaged it, plus split the plastic stuff that protects the bottom of the car.

Anyway I figure that if I had my RRE on time, then this would never have happened, hence I could say that the delay cost me £700.

Also if you take it that I do on average a 1000 miles a month, currently at 22mpg average, thats roughly 45.5 gallons at £6 a gallon = £273, against the RRE Diesel at say 35mpg, cost £171 (If I have my maths right) then I am down another £102 in fuel.

So thats roughly £802 out of pocket.

Bit tongue in cheek really Cool - but am I winning in terms of the cost of delay? The only rule is you can't count depreciation!

MartynK
Looks like poor observation/driving cost you not the delayed evoque.

Ironically the longer i dont get mine the more money I will probably save. My bargain mondeo will be depreciating pennies a month instead of the hundreds my scirocco was and the evoque would be if i had it. I am also gaining interest on the 30k which is sitting in an isa waiting to pay for the evoque.

If i was purely interestedin saving money though i wouldnt be buying a new car in the first place.
Yes absolutely it was bad driving - hands up there, but still wouldn't have happened with the RRE!

This really is a tounge in cheek post - honest
My Landcruisers value is about the same, the only difference is the running costs are higher than they will be on the Evoque. So for me no real difference.

Was considering keeping it but this is the best time to try and sell a 4X4...just before winter. Better get it done as the Evoque should be here within 2 weeks!!!!
For me any extra cost has been because I sold my current car prior to being informed of any delays. We initially managed without a car in the hope that a courtesy car would materialise, when this didn't happen though we had no other option but to hire something on a months minimum rental.
The car was the cheapest we could possibly find and this has cost us the grand sum of £340 (so far).
So you definately 'win' at the moment Confused
i will cost me +_ 900,- euro for a 4 weeks delay
2 month delay - £500 depreciation on old car, £240 for service of old car
£740
Advised dealer, but far from sympathetic
Try not to think like that Martyn. Maybe the delay has prevented some heartbreaking early Evoque ownership accident. Hang in there!!
As mine is only due in March I estimate its costing 50p per night in electicity for my laptop as I update and read this forum Smile

(Also, Im trading in my current all-wheeler for the RRE) ...
And of course having said all this the Dealer phoned today and confirmed my car has gone into build! So fingers crossed - they are quoting the 9th December for delivery.

Whoo hoo
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's