babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: My Prestige Arrived. Few Questions and Observations.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my Sumatra Black Prestige finally arrived yesterday eventhough it was suppose to arrive 11/13. Loving it so far! Very Happy Idiot dealer put on their badge in the back and it's stuck on there pretty good. I'll have to wait for a warmer day and a hair dryer to remove it from the back. Mad

Have a few questions/observations:

1. I feel alittle hesitation when starting off. Just checking if that's normal.
2. When coasting on a uphill, I hear a buzzing noise coming from the rear....is that normal.
3. Wish there was an illumination light for the volume switch. When driving home from the dealer last night the radio was playing and thought I had to find the volume on the touch screen to adjust it...LOL. Should have known where it is as it's the same small knob as in my Jag.
4. Wish U.S. had the Park Assist. Sad

I'm glad I got it......getting stares already driving it this morning/afternoon! CoolCoolCool

Here are some pics of it: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Sumatr...ige-Evoque
3. Wish there was an illumination light for the volume switch. When driving home from the dealer last night the radio was playing and thought I had to find the volume on the touch screen to adjust it...LOL. Should have known where it is as it's the same small knob as in my Jag.

You can use the left hand button on the steering wheel for volume control
Which Engine have you got?
It's the SI4. Unfortunately, that's the only engine choice here in the U.S. along with the autobox. We do have 4wd on all models and navigation with cameras standard but no self park option.
Your Evoque looks beautifull by the way...congrats LIONHEAD.

With regards to your question #1 start-off hestitation.....is that from normal everyday depression of the accelerator, or sudden stomp on and go?
From my test drives of both Si4 and Sd4 auto's, their should be NO hesitation in normal everyday start-off's (the auto locks up very well), in fact i remember it being responsive and progressive.
However, with sudden stomp and go start-off's, both engines display silght turbo lag up to 2000-2300rpm.
There needs to be a slightly dead position in the throttle for low speed operation like backing up and parking, you do not want the car to take off in those circumstances and the car can't otherwise tell which situation it's in. That's says you don't want the torque converter to lock up too early.

As for the parking aid, I really wonder how often you parallel park in the US? I lived there for more than a year and it's a much less common way of parking than in urban Europe. Even here, congestion and parking restrictions mean it's less common than it used to be.vFor me, the surround cameras are a better parking aid than the parking aid itself.
(24-11-2011 09:38pm)LIONHEAD Wrote: [ -> ]So my Sumatra Black Prestige finally arrived yesterday eventhough it was suppose to arrive 11/13. Loving it so far! Very Happy Idiot dealer put on their badge in the back and it's stuck on there pretty good. I'll have to wait for a warmer day and a hair dryer to remove it from the back. Mad

Have a few questions/observations:

1. I feel alittle hesitation when starting off. Just checking if that's normal.
2. When coasting on a uphill, I hear a buzzing noise coming from the rear....is that normal.
4. Wish U.S. had the Park Assist. Sad

I'm glad I got it......getting stares already driving it this morning/afternoon! CoolCoolCool

Here are some pics of it: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Sumatr...ige-Evoque

Lionhead

See you like your european cars
(25-11-2011 05:26am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]There needs to be a slightly dead position in the throttle for low speed operation like backing up and parking, you do not want the car to take off in those circumstances and the car can't otherwise tell which situation it's in. That's says you don't want the torque converter to lock up too early.

As for the parking aid, I really wonder how often you parallel park in the US? I lived there for more than a year and it's a much less common way of parking than in urban Europe. Even here, congestion and parking restrictions mean it's less common than it used to be.vFor me, the surround cameras are a better parking aid than the parking aid itself.

Well put had ours a month not used park assist once
Thanks guys for the info! I've never had park assist in my other vehicles but thought it might be handy when I go into the city where sometimes you need to park on the side streets. Very Happy

Just 2 questions.....

1. Why isn't there any option in the menu to program the automatic folding mirrors during lock/unlock? I figured most of the time I would leave it in the fixed position so not to wear out the motor but once in awhile I can program to automatically fold when I'm parking in a tight spot. Couldn't find it in the menu and then looked in the manual and said it must be programmed by the retaier. I have that option in the menu in my '08 Jaguar and it's the same parent company Tata....why not in the Evoque? Sad

2. Sometimes when I coast or decellerate I hear a buzzing noise coming from the rear. Alittle louder when I'm coasting on an uphill (same question 2 from above). Just curious if you've heard sometime similar...if so than it's normal I'm guessing with the 4wd system.

Had it for 2 days now and loving it even more now than when I first got it. Very Happy

Something I found that I didn't even know about taking it out tonight. The etching of the evoque in the puddle light. CoolCoolCool
[Image: puddlelight.jpg]
Reference URL's