babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Used car valuations.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think quite a few of us are in this boat at the moment, new car on order with a car waiting to go.

I'm wary that any offer of P/ex by the dealer will be derogatory, you know when your selling it's a buyers market and when your buying it's sellers market.

Anyhow having read some of the stories here about delayed deliveries suddenly being brought forward, and having a limited time to sell, I thought I'd start the ground work regarding selling my Merc.

As I've got a little run around letting the Merc go early isn't as painful as it could be.

So I tried getting one of those online quotes from the well known buyers.

What a load of tosh, one was 14k less than a dealer used model, the other was 6.5k less.

Have I therefore got unrealistic expectations of my cars valuation of are they predators.

Think I give Parkers a try next.
WBAC offered 25k for my 2 year old E Coupe 350cdi fully loaded 27k on the clock
Dealer px offer was 23k
Needless to say still got it
I will keep it another year then back it as mercedes benz have to give 20k for it as a final settelment
i sold early to avoid such rip offs, my scirocco went in sept, (all be it back to vw after its engine went tits up) and i bout a 650 quid snotter to see me through.
My Freelander 2 HSE is being traded to a dealer next week as they are offering me a fair price> If I leave it till the end of February then the price will almost drop due to the ending of Winter & the monthly drops too both of which will add up to a fair bit I guess. The other thing to consider is I actually have a buyer now & they may not want it then!!

If anyone knows of someone looking for a very nice almost 2 year old Rimini Red FL2 HSE manual then contact me, final price of £23.000 no offers as the dealer is not much less than this.
(24-11-2011 07:05pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]I think quite a few of us are in this boat at the moment, new car on order with a car waiting to go.

I'm wary that any offer of P/ex by the dealer will be derogatory, you know when your selling it's a buyers market and when your buying it's sellers market.

Anyhow having read some of the stories here about delayed deliveries suddenly being brought forward, and having a limited time to sell, I thought I'd start the ground work regarding selling my Merc.

As I've got a little run around letting the Merc go early isn't as painful as it could be.

So I tried getting one of those online quotes from the well known buyers.

What a load of tosh, one was 14k less than a dealer used model, the other was 6.5k less.

Have I therefore got unrealistic expectations of my cars valuation of are they predators.

Think I give Parkers a try next.

I part ex'd my sons Renault Clio as it was convenient to have something to drive (100 miles) to the dealers. They were £75.00 less than WBAC but the car was only worth 4K and I suppose I'd have been lucky to get 5k privately.
I think that people are always looking for quality cars like your and are prepared to pay for the right one. If you have time just test the water in the AutoTrader. You can always reduce the price incrementaly. Good luck with the sale.
From my own past experience LR dealers give a fair trade in price for LR/RR vehicles, but other makes don't receive the same treatment as I think they're just sold on to trade.

As I say, based only on my own personal experience.
Something I missed out in my original post was, my dealer said that they would obviously quote for a p/ex, but couldn't do it until roughly 6 weeks before delivery, and we don't know when that is do we.

That much I understand, and was instrumental in my thinking about looking for an early sale.
Land rover dealers give better prices for land rovers. WBAC offered me £17'500 dealer offered £22,000 plus more if it snows.
I just got a shocking valuation for my C Class from LR. Was 12% less than we be any car even valued it at!
Ford offered me £11500 for my 2008 Kuga when I told them I was buying an Evoque ( after promising to give me a "top" price for it)?

Sold it privately for £14,250 and bought a 2003 Punto for £1200 to get me through until the Evoque arrived.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's