babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Are things on the up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've noticed that there seems to be more members taking delivery of their Evoques, plus there are new members introducing themselves as news owners on the forums.

Obviously with the passage of time this is to be expected, but, given the news regarding various delays this can only be good.

Also I've seen a post somewhere, with a member saying his dealer had commented they are over the worst now.

Anyone getting similar vibes?
Yes - 5-door SD4 Prestige ordered in June, build completion date quoted as 08 Dec 2011, now brought forward to 02 Dec 2011 & registration available to sort out insurance Smile
My build chart (see putting some numbers on things thread) shows now that the daily build rate is back over 300 Evoques a day (based on a 7 day build week) and rising, so hopefully the teething troubles are over and things will return to normal, The 5Dr orders are more delayed than the Coupe's and so may take a bit longer to settle and recover delayed orders. Hopefully we'll all be taking delivery soon and start to be happy customers Very Happy

(I get mine Monday!) Mr. Green
Can I assume 6 days from build start to completion?

Thanks .. Ian
(19-11-2011 08:40pm)physik Wrote: [ -> ]Yes - 5-door SD4 Prestige ordered in June, build completion date quoted as 08 Dec 2011, now brought forward to 02 Dec 2011 & registration available to sort out insurance Smile

That's my anticipated delivery date - hope mine comes through early! (although very unlikely)

My dealer has confirmed twice that there is no delays to my build date of the 25th Nov (and I haven't had any delays yet)

I will say things are on the up when I know my car is on the production line!
(19-11-2011 09:23pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]Can I assume 6 days from build start to completion?

Thanks .. Ian

Thats about right I believe, depends on final inspection and if anything needs doing, and getting it transported takes time too and then PDI etc. My build date was 9th and I pick it up 21st, and dealer has done PDI PDQ!
I Spoke to my dealer on Tuesday (Lakeland Landrover) as I was just passing by & thought I would take a quick look at their Dynamic they have in the showroom again!, but also to confirm my tow bar option, straight away he told me that the car is now likely to be delivered mid January with a build mid December (initial delivery was for mid March/order placed on the 10 Oct) so it does sound Like things are starting to pick up!!
I am picking up mine next friday! Bearing in mind that it is a 5dr Pure Firenze with pano roof and xenons I guess I have to consider myself lucky! All of those specs have had issues at some point...
(20-11-2011 10:06am)jasonagusta Wrote: [ -> ]I Spoke to my dealer on Tuesday (Lakeland Landrover) as I was just passing by & thought I would take a quick look at their Dynamic they have in the showroom again!, but also to confirm my tow bar option, straight away he told me that the car is now likely to be delivered mid January with a build mid December (initial delivery was for mid March/order placed on the 10 Oct) so it does sound Like things are starting to pick up!!

Cripes don't get my hopes up jasongusta, I ordered a coupe on or around the same date in Oct, going to pay a bit more attention to my e-mails.Very Happy

Oops, just realised this is all done by dealer priority isn't it.Crying
not for me its not lol
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's