babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: HOW LUCKY WE ARE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I reflected today on how much I think about my Evoque arriving on time, and the time I spend scouring this and another forum looking for clues! Is it worth it? We are all so lucky to be in a position to acquire such a lovely vehicle, when others work hard and get no breaks, and are unable to afford any new car, let alone such a superb car.

These thoughts will of course not stop me seeking out further information by way of forums, but I will try to remember how fortunate I am. The LR stance has not been as we would like, but ultimately I would prefer a delayed delivery date and to receive a vehicle which I am confident has been well built and problem free. At the end of the day LR do not want such negative publicity/unhappy customers, and must be doing all they can to remedy the situation.

On the positive side, I have gleaned invaluable information/tips from others, with many a smile along the way.

L.
Smile.
Thanks for your thoughtful post LDT.

I'm in agreement and do feel fortunate to be in a position to own an exquisite RRE. Smile

Through information gleaned from this excellent forum I was bracing myself for late delivery, so when my car came early to say I was pleased is an understatement!
I always believed that our greatest disadvantage as expectant first model owners was too little information being disseminated from LR and the abundant rumors. I would always try to take a deep breath and think of everyone working extra shifts at Halewood, focussing on established quality levels and of course, the tragic loss of a colleague. You are right - who wants shortcuts being taken to fulfill orders?!
I suspect that in this modern era, we "the well to do" are simply not used to being patient. Instant gratification is the name of the game. I too found the waiting hard and continue to find myself frustrated for those with extended delays.
But something I can't relate to are some of the petty niggles of the new owners once they receive their vehicle! The Love / Hate thread is one I hope disappears soon. Personal opinions are fine but "I don't like the keyless start because I have nowhere to put my key" seems a bit over the top when most forum subscribers are excitedly waiting for their vehicle.
But, I guess I am a "glass half full" personality and would only speak negatively of the car if..... an airbag suddenly inflated for no reason Surprised
LDT,Evoqess, I totally agree! I do enjoy my evening read of the forum and all the useful information it provides, whether positive or negative!

Group hugg everyone!

Tokenbod
Good points LDT, the very nature of forums tend to attract more negative comments and owners who are experiencing problems with their cars or dealer, and subsequently are seeking advice and reassurance from other owners.

In the case of the Evoque there are more potential owners than actual owners, so frustration is more commonplace.

If the Evoque was an established vehicle, questions/posts from potential owners would more likely be about spec, driving experience, engines options and gearbox etc.

Looking for the positives, as each day slowly goes by we are getting a growing number of owners and firm delivery dates.

With that hopefully you owners can make life more bearable for us on the waitting list, I for one will not be looking for an alternative vehicle as both my wife and I have found a vehicle we both like, which is rare, so I'm in it for the long haul. (Now where's the chin up emoticon?)

Loving the forum by the way you all seem to be a good bunch.
I think that's because all the happy people are out driving.. lol
(17-11-2011 07:05pm)LDT Wrote: [ -> ]I reflected today on how much I think about my Evoque arriving on time, and the time I spend scouring this and another forum looking for clues! Is it worth it? We are all so lucky to be in a position to acquire such a lovely vehicle, when others work hard and get no breaks, and are unable to afford any new car, let alone such a superb car.

These thoughts will of course not stop me seeking out further information by way of forums, but I will try to remember how fortunate I am. The LR stance has not been as we would like, but ultimately I would prefer a delayed delivery date and to receive a vehicle which I am confident has been well built and problem free. At the end of the day LR do not want such negative publicity/unhappy customers, and must be doing all they can to remedy the situation.

On the positive side, I have gleaned invaluable information/tips from others, with many a smile along the way.

L.

eh, ok I sort of understand your post then I get frustrated by thinking about my own situation. Delays, lack of communication and my dealer having my £2k for over 10 months and nothing to show for it.
nice evaluation .... totally true
I can't agree more about "how lucky are we". Whilst I, as many of you parted with a 2k deposit several weeks ago and have to wait until April to have anything to show for it, I think those that are complaining should remember that many of the delays have been caused by shortage of certain parts or materials caused by natural disasters where people have lost their homes, families or lives. So I say stop complaining and think yourself lucky that you are well enough and wealthy enough to be in the fortunate position you are.
Reference URL's