babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is my dealer being professional
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there, I actually wanted to title this thread a little stronger but thought that it would probably breach guidelines.

I bought a Prestige Sd4 in September and had a large number of problems with the midlands based dealership. Most of the problems were due to poor customer service and a particularly weak a salesman who made error after error, including:-

Attempting to overcharge by £1000
Forgetting to complete a cherished transfer
Forgetting to put on the vehicles tax disc
Very poor hand-over experience with the salesmans knowledge very weak
Putting the wrong number plates on the car at delivery
Giving me a completely different registration number for insurance purposes, which meant that in all the dealer had supplied three separate numbers.
Taking two further days to supply a set of correct registration plates and the asking me to remove the old incorrect ones and fit the new.
Forgetting to order a rigid boot liner and suggesting that rather than them send one out to me that I order one locally.
Then not sending the liner out on the day they promised to do so.

There were other issues of a more minor nature.

However, yesterday we went away for a few days and I swapped the optional rubber mats for the supplied prestige mats and it seemed fairly apparent that they were not the premium mats. in view of this I contacted the dealership and gave them the part numbers and asked them to check it for me. The salesman has just suggested that I order a new set from a local dealer to compare the difference as he says the part numbers that I supplied are different to the ones dealers use for ordering from LR. I would have hoped he could have checked the codes that I had given him against the ones that they had in stock. Any thoughts?
Formal complaint to LR time, detailing the problems, naming and shaming the salesman and asking for some form of recompense for all the hassle you've had.

Absolutely dreadful sevice that you wouldn't expect if you were purchasing an £8,000 car let alone a £40k plus car.

If I treated my clients this way I'd soon be out of business.
By Land Rover dealership standards, this sounds pretty good to be honest!!
My dealer tried to undercharge and couldn't figure out why the amount on my invoice was wrong. I had to point out that VAT had gone up to 20%.
(15-11-2011 01:53pm)Daigriff Wrote: [ -> ]Formal complaint to LR time, detailing the problems, naming and shaming the salesman and asking for some form of recompense for all the hassle you've had.

Do you know who to write to?
this thread suggests a user on here: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Customer-...r+services

as for the VAT, remember it could still go down before you take delivery Very Happy (or up again!!)
I had my car registered in my name instead of the mrs's - dont believe that can be changed now without it looking like a change of owner. Also been waiting 10 days now for a price on a tow bar. Also waiting on prices for brakes, discs and tyres.

Not once had a phone call from the dealership since placing my deposit.

Some of the worst customer service I have experienced.
(15-11-2011 02:33pm)dandavis1 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know who to write to?

I think Colin Green is the MD...copy him in would be a good place to start, but I wouldn't email...put in writing and keep a copy.
Colin Green, who used to be head of LR UK is gone, moved sideways into some non-job, "Director of dealer operations". Since he couldn't be bothered to sort out the dealer network when he was chief honcho, it's unlikely he's going to shine now.

The new guy, who heads up both Jaguar and Land Rover, is one Jeremy Hicks who used to be head of Audi. I think he has his work cut out.

Alternatively, you could write to Phil Popham who is Hick's boss.
(15-11-2011 01:45pm)ytshome Wrote: [ -> ]Attempting to overcharge by £1000
Forgetting to complete a cherished transfer
Forgetting to put on the vehicles tax disc
Very poor hand-over experience with the salesmans knowledge very weak
Putting the wrong number plates on the car at delivery
Giving me a completely different registration number for insurance purposes, which meant that in all the dealer had supplied three separate numbers.
Taking two further days to supply a set of correct registration plates and the asking me to remove the old incorrect ones and fit the new.
Forgetting to order a rigid boot liner and suggesting that rather than them send one out to me that I order one locally.
Then not sending the liner out on the day they promised to do so.

heh. some "interesting" issues you have had there and i would be telling a rather large fib if i didnt look down that list and tick off most of them mistakes with a "yep, done that" Laughing

the difference is i guess is learning by them mistakes. it does help to have a little OCD in this job to check and re check everything because as a salesman once the car goes out its your responabilty that plates are right, tax is on, paperwork signed , CUSTOMER HAS PAID (dont ask)

the one thing i feel sorry for most saleman at the moment is the weak knowledge. i am a self confessed geek. i do RTFM and press all the buttons but there is a lot on these cars which some stuff just comes out with trial and error. LR launch courses are not really that technical so its a matter of going through the whole thing so you know what works and what doesnt. half of the issue at the moment is spec, knowing what comes with what, and that does take some time.

my one bit of advice is though jst make sure everything you want done is on your order. CT's, accessories, blah blah blah. cause if you have just spoken about it or rung up and changed things it can get messy and forgotton.
I thought all sales staff had access to and were required to complete the on-line training at Land Rover Excellence. If they did the on-line training they might have a better idea about the product they're selling.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's