babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Xenon's to be only made available on Prestige Models in the future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just heard from LR customer services that Xenon's will not be an option on the Dynmaic model either.

Therefore if you want Xenon light you have to get the Prestige Model, Has anyone else heard this?
find that hard to believe....detracts from the dynamic too much!!
I find that hard to believe too - you can't expect anyone in LR Customer Service to know anything about the car, that would be asking too much.
lol
sounding bitter Mark.....but u r right....lol
I doubt this. If my dynamic didn't have xenons, i'd lose my mind. I have too much hate halogens
I've just added xenons to mine, have asked the dealer for that in writing, as I didn't want to spend another £5000 to change models to a prestige. Even thou it sounds temping.
(14-11-2011 06:03pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]I find that hard to believe too - you can't expect anyone in LR Customer Service to know anything about the car, that would be asking too much.

And for them to know somebody in a management position who could make a decision and authorise it to be communicated. Oh and the existence of a policy to respect customers too! Don't forget the ability to run a website that reflects available specifications..... I'm sure the list could go on
I very much doubt this would be the case. There's no way Xenon's on a car this expensive, would not be available, just because they have supply issues? No chance!

Hyundai's now come with Xenon's.... there's no way LR would tell customers that they are no longer available on a Dynamic now... its almost committing suicide for LR. Agree not everyone might need the Xenon's... but on a car at this price... I'm pretty sure everyone might as well have xenons and LR is not going to say no Xenon's on the Dynamic especially after the amount people are paying for it.

If LR can't keep up with the demand - that is to some extent... their fault. They can't tell customers that they cannot order the car they want with some things like Xenon lights.. because they didn't anticipate the demand.

I'd hate to think what would happen if someone had an small accident in their evoque and they needed new Xenon lights... given the supply issues.... wonder if they would have to wait till next April to get replacement lights?

Also, given that LR is targetting a market virtually new to the Range Rover Brand, I highly doubt telling them they cannot have xenon lights is going to improve their reputation (or invitation) to new buyers.
Xenons are actually very old technology in terms of lighting options.
Audi have had LED headlight options available for a few years.
If LR is such a premium product why aren't they using latest technology?
(15-11-2011 07:56am)Acwats Wrote: [ -> ]Xenons are actually very old technology in terms of lighting options.
Audi have had LED headlight options available for a few years.
If LR is such a premium product why aren't they using latest technology?

Audi uses LED for daytime running lights. It uses halogen and xenon for the nighttime driving lights.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's