babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Xenon's on a Pure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thank you for the pricing. Quattroman poo-pooed my comment that replacement Xenons cost the best part of £1000, but it's clear that even the standard headlights will be expensive to replace - the Pure option was about £700 IIRC so that even the basic headlights are costing several £hundreds each.

The halogen headlights have a levelling control inside the car down by your right knee which the Xenon cars do not; the killer will be if the wiring loom is different.

For cars with Xenons, there's a separate automatic levelling system which appears to sense the inclination of the car from the dampers with separate sensors for cars with and without adaptive damping. So, it's definitely not a case of simply swapping out the headlamp modules. Look at Part LR024218, for example in the Parts Catalogue.
Damping, oops you are right, it slipped since there two additional sensors required for cars with AD at 33 quid each... Suppose that's to make the auto levelling not go haywire with the frequent adjustments in damping?
I specced up a Pure in September and added the Xenon's etc. I wasn't told about any issues with having the Xenon's on a Pure.

I've already got an order signed and approved and currently in holding pool. Ordered my car first week October.
Berlin, where are you finding out these parts prices?
(15-11-2011 02:26am)chiggy Wrote: [ -> ]I specced up a Pure in September and added the Xenon's etc. I wasn't told about any issues with having the Xenon's on a Pure.

I've already got an order signed and approved and currently in holding pool. Ordered my car first week October.

(15-11-2011 05:25am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Berlin, where are you finding out these parts prices?

Good luck with that mate, i was in the same position, until the order is actually accepted by the factory it is not confirmed etc, my dealer told me Xenon was ok, i pushed him to check, and the factory confirmed they could not be added. If you are in holding pool, waiting for the build slot to be available and the order placed on the factory, then the dealer wont have the option in their system to even add them to the car, regardless of what they think. Its a real shame Sad
Thats Interesting Pedalpower, as I've spoke to the dealer and they have added Xenon's to my order. So how do you get confirmation from the factory? I asked for it in writing from the dealer and they emailed me a copy of the order Smile
well from what I understand my car is most likely to get a beginning Jan build date. I imagine the Xenon's might be possible then?
Does the Vista saying your vehicle has xenon's mean nothing then?
My dealer still does not know if mine has xenons or if they have been removed and I ordered back in April.
But my xenon has been confirmed by LR order call , so I will get my xenons on my pure which is due to go into build next week.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's